Social Media

Guest ncolligan

Hello all

I am a student currently studying at Loughborough College and am in the process of carrying out research for my dissertation.

I am focusing on the use of social media as a promotional tool for festivals in the UK with the hope of finding out how effective it is. If you could please spare a couple of minutes (max) to complete the questionnaire, it would be much appreciated!

http://www.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=31645xffkg

Please feel free to discuss if you have any thoughts on the subject too - I have found it quite interesting! Your input is much appreciated.

Many thanks

Nic

I work across the road at Loughborough uni and have filled out your survey.

On one of the questions I answered festival website for obtaining info but really it's this web site but there wasn't an option for independent we site.

I have used a couple of festival apps in the past as well for glasto they have been a bit average but hopefully be better this year.

Without looking at the dissertation survey, I can say for certain, that if it wasnt for this forum and the close friendships made from it, meeting people in real life at the festies and the FB friends gained all there together ready on T Day, an awful lot of us would be ticketless. Social networking IS one way to make sure you get to the festival. The current chat in our big grouping on FB about suggested headliners is very funny indeed. The daily excitement we have is good fun.

Done,

At this rate we're going to need a seperate "complete my survey" forum!!

Agree with others as well, e-fests is probably the best site for getting info about G.

A tip from a Facebook group did help myself and my friends to get tickets though.

J

:blink:

Done. I quite liked your app ideas too. :)

Interesting topic and picking up on what Jeffie said, it could be interesting to incorporate the use of social networking sites in making it easier to get tickets for large groups of friends/aquaintances and whether this could change crowd dynamics in the long term. Or something.

Online social support and social networking is a part of my thesis so I am a bit excited by this. Sad! :lol: I may also steal your survey hosting website.

I have used a couple of festival apps in the past as well for glasto they have been a bit average but hopefully be better this year.

coming pretty soon is an iPhone app for these forums (I can't give a delivery date for it yet, but expect it will be within a month).

I'm also hoping that there'll be an iPhone app which will work for the full efestivals site - it's likely to happen, but not a certainty. The same applies with a 'mobile version' of the full website.

:)

coming pretty soon is an iPhone app for these forums (I can't give a delivery date for it yet, but expect it will be within a month).

I'm also hoping that there'll be an iPhone app which will work for the full efestivals site - it's likely to happen, but not a certainty. The same applies with a 'mobile version' of the full website.

Done.

Yes, Facebook will doubtless continue tightening its influencial corporate grip on the demography of the festival and the access people have to its tickets . . . Perhaps in time they will only be available to iPhone users who have purchased the appropriate app too. :ph34r:;)

Will watch the resale in April with interest.

Done.

Yes, Facebook will doubtless continue tightening its influencial corporate grip on the demography of the festival and the access people have to its tickets . . . Perhaps in time they will only be available to iPhone users who have purchased the appropriate app too. :ph34r:;)

Will watch the resale in April with interest.

At V last year they made the ludicrous decision of restricting their 'official' app to a particular model of Nokia phone that no-one had - no Java app, no Iphone app, no android app. *shakes head*

Just as efests was offered a free Nokia app by Nokia, so were V Fest. Who knocks back a freebie? :)

Will look forward to it, why the change of heart on apps tho?

cos they can be done for almost nothing. :)

Wow what a response! Thanks to all that have helped me with this - it's overwhelming and fascinating to read.

I love the comments such as using this website so please keep these thoughts coming, it's really helpful to my research :D

I am indeed studying Event Management - festivals being my main interest.

Thanks for the input guys and keep it going!

Nic