The Darkness

Guest the_mars_volta

So in the last couple of days The Darkness got officially added as a rumour for Download by eFestivals. But does anyone know where this rumour has come from? There has been a lot of speculation on here and the Download forums about them reforming but I don't know if I can believe it. Has it come from Andy Copping's "Monster news" comment? Cause I'm pretty sure they were talked about well before then. I'd really love for this to be true but Justin is forever quashing rumours and press stories about a reformation on Twitter. They were one of my favourite bands back in the day and for them to be added to the line up in a high slot would be incredible for me :D.

Neil? Anyone?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where this rumour has come from, but if it could go away that would be super.

I'm ok with them playing mid to low main, or mid to high second. No way should they be any higher.

In fact the idea of them sub/headlining makes MCR and Nickelback seem almost welcome.

Edited by Lithium05

they really are not relavant at all anymore.i cant believe they will play that high up,even their fans from before have had enough of them and i cant see AC misjudgeing their popularity that much.

saying that, rock sugar and steel panther are two other bands in this genre that go down well at download so there may be a place for them lower down the bill.

Exactly, I can't imagine the Download crowd being very impressed by them taking a big slot, they didn't have the impact Limp Bizkit did, The Darkness were more aimed at radio friendly chart music buying flavour of the month crew, whereas Limp Bizkit had a less mainstream fanbase plus they hadn't played the UK for ages, a lot of people had wanted to see them and never had the chance, can't imagine theres loads of people going damn I wish I had seen the Darkness live!

Disagree with most of the people here. The Darkness were a massive band, and an exclusive comeback performance would be a huge booking. Limp Bizkit were not "mid card", they played 3rd from top in a year with an extremely strong line up. They were not as big as The Darkness at their peak imo and I'm sure in 2011 more people would rather see The Darkness's comeback at a festival than Limp Bizkit again.

Also, just because YOU don't like a band doesn't mean they should be further down the line up than they ought to be. I'm not a fan of Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet For My Valentine but can fully see how they deserve such high slots.

Taking everything into account, I think 2nd from top is the perfect place for The Darkness this year. That's if the rumour is even true at all.

Disagree with most of the people here. The Darkness were a massive band, and an exclusive comeback performance would be a huge booking. Limp Bizkit were not "mid card", they played 3rd from top in a year with an extremely strong line up. They were not as big as The Darkness at their peak imo and I'm sure in 2011 more people would rather see The Darkness's comeback at a festival than Limp Bizkit again.

Also, just because YOU don't like a band doesn't mean they should be further down the line up than they ought to be. I'm not a fan of Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet For My Valentine but can fully see how they deserve such high slots.

Taking everything into account, I think 2nd from top is the perfect place for The Darkness this year. That's if the rumour is even true at all.

The Darkness headlined R&L at their peak, Permission to Land sold more copies in the UK than any of Limp Bizkit's albums, they were absolutely massive at the time. Plus, if you never saw them then you really missed out as they were a fantastic live act. 2nd or 3rd is the right spot for their return debut.

Yeah, but when they headlined Reading it was arguably the worst headlining performance in history. They blitzed through their songs too quickly and were left with too much time to fill, making them play a song that wasn't even finished, it just sort of... ended, and they didn't know what to do. Awful band. Should not be considered headlining material any more than steel panther should, all they are is a pisstake band, and not even a very good one.

Yeah, but when they headlined Reading it was arguably the worst headlining performance in history. They blitzed through their songs too quickly and were left with too much time to fill, making them play a song that wasn't even finished, it just sort of... ended, and they didn't know what to do. Awful band. Should not be considered headlining material any more than steel panther should, all they are is a pisstake band, and not even a very good one.

they are only belting live if you buy into the whole "ironic" side of things. I dont, hence why I dont like the darkness, steel panther. I listen to music for a lot of reasons, listening to someone pastiching music far better than their own is not one of them.

hot leg or whatever they were called really set the world on fire didnt they?