Champagne

Guest morph100

I'm really surprised that we get this thread every year, it's an odd thing to factor in to the whole Glasto organisation.

If you try searching the forum there should be a good thread about ideas on how to transport it to the site without losing the bubbles, it seemed very helpful.

We've always gone for the LIDL Prosecco in cans but haven't see it for a while. Great shame if they've stopped doing it..

ASDAs do a whole range of mixed drinks in cans: Gin & Tonic, Pimms and Lemonade etc which might be worth exploring as alternatives. I know they're not the same but still quite drinkable alternatives to beers.

we popped ours last year (I wrote 'this year' then. ooooooh we're getting closer :lol: ) at the gates and mixed it with guinness which had started to get rather warm. was quite a treat when we dropped our bags and sat down just past the wristband exchange.

though I would very much love to take a bottle up to the park when watching the sunset as that would be rather special.

some interesting stuff here about making sparkling wine, including tips on how to do it with a sodastream and plastic bottles....which you could take on site with you....champagne it aint but might be a close second if you get it right...

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12120&p=128984

B)

we popped ours last year (I wrote 'this year' then. ooooooh we're getting closer :lol: ) at the gates and mixed it with guinness which had started to get rather warm. was quite a treat when we dropped our bags and sat down just past the wristband exchange.

though I would very much love to take a bottle up to the park when watching the sunset as that would be rather special.

some interesting stuff here about making sparkling wine, including tips on how to do it with a sodastream and plastic bottles....which you could take on site with you....champagne it aint but might be a close second if you get it right...

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12120&p=128984

B)

I think Heston Blumenthal did this with Blue Nun and did a blind taste test on City boys in London. A surprising amount of people claiming to know their champagne chose the soda stream Blue Nun over the real champagne :)

Like!

There are hundreds of bubblies out there and they certainly do not need to be Champagne. The best bubbly on the planet at the moment is actually from a vineyard just north of Brighton. Out of 700 tastings at an international tasting in San Francisco late last year, Ridgeview (in Hassocks) won. The French champagne makers currently are keeping a very beady eye on the state of the English Fizz trade.

It is a shame that plastic bottles are not used but there is probably no vineyard on the planet that has a forethought to try such a thing as the market is probably so small it would not be a profitable investment to set up.

Edited by Milbert