Kendal Calling 2011

Guest Flaminglippy

I see a lot of people talking about Chavs and loutish behaviour last year. Well, I attended my first KC last year and I have to say, I thought the crowd and general atmosphere was amazing - very chilled and relaxed and to be honest I never really saw any teenagers running riot.

So, newcomers to KC don't be put off - you are always going to get drunk people at festivals - just embrace it and see it as part of the fun.

Please bear in mind though that I'm a Glaswegian who has been to T in the Park about 10 times - which is now overrun by neds. As far as I am concerned the KC crowd was like a church congregation in comparison :D

Roll On KC 2011!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really fancy it this year but the fact I'm probably gonna be out of work very soon puts me off.

I found the atmosphere alright last year though I didn't arrive till Saturday morning due to work commitments. Very chilled infact. There was a fair few pissed folk but no worse than anywhere else.

I really fancy it this year but the fact I'm probably gonna be out of work very soon puts me off.

I found the atmosphere alright last year though I didn't arrive till Saturday morning due to work commitments. Very chilled infact. There was a fair few pissed folk but no worse than anywhere else.

Yeah...it wasn't too bad. You don't mind pissed friendly people, but when its little kids getting lairy on half a warm cider it can get annoying....worst bit for us was when we was at the front for Doves and there was about 20 of the little shits, had no idea who was on, no idea about any of their songs, just dicking about chucking drinks everywhere and knocking into everybody...

They'll learn gig etiquette eventually....

just a couple of months away now and im getting more in to mood for it, managed to check out a few of the calling out bands and i'll probably spend quite a bit of time taking that stage in. Hope the drunken chavs dont spoil it, taking the wife and now 11 year old to their 1st festival and dont want it ruined for them. We're not up the front sort of people so the mosh pit pint flinging madness hopefully wont effect us that much !

just a couple of months away now and im getting more in to mood for it, managed to check out a few of the calling out bands and i'll probably spend quite a bit of time taking that stage in. Hope the drunken chavs dont spoil it, taking the wife and now 11 year old to their 1st festival and dont want it ruined for them. We're not up the front sort of people so the mosh pit pint flinging madness hopefully wont effect us that much !

It has

It's the 3rd June... I've booked the morning off work to try and get one.

Dilemma is do I assume I have a ticket from a trusted agent, but who is not advertised as the ticket sellers for the festival, or do I try and buy one in the resale? :unsure:

Bring back the days when you could buy paper tickets in person or pay on the door.. :rolleyes:

It has

It's the 3rd June... I've booked the morning off work to try and get one.

Dilemma is do I assume I have a ticket from a trusted agent, but who is not advertised as the ticket sellers for the festival, or do I try and buy one in the resale? :unsure:

Bring back the days when you could buy paper tickets in person or pay on the door.. :rolleyes:

aggh I missed out on tickets. Tried at the resale but they were gone in 15 minutes :-(

If anyone knows of any face value tickets, I need an adult and a ticket for my 12 year old.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by chimpy

Unfortunatley the quiet camping is about the furthest from the car park as you can get.Plus with multiple trips required it can be hard work.

It may be around 10 mins walk all downhill but festibarrow operate there,you can hire a wheelbarrow for around 10 quid.

I will also be appearing on Thursday as you get the best choice of camp pitch and the entertainment put on Thursday is also good.