Soundgarden?

Guest Leyser

A more wishful than logical thread but it's looking a bit more likely. With more Headliners being announced for Download and Soni what do you figure the chances for Soundgarden are now at Reading and Leeds?

As an update for others that are unclear there have been rumors, (just rumors!!!) on BBC saying MCR, Paramore, and Blink at either Soni or Download. Two headliners have also already been announced for both of those Festivals...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, Soundgarden would be unbelievable as the sun goes down. A band that could follow them is not coming to mind but they would also have to be amazing in order to complete the night. Unfortunately I would hate Soundgarden under a sub-par band that would also bring along with them a group of idiots with them who wouldn't appreciate SG, so like I said it would be a difficult Headlining spot to fill.

I would love for them to headline NME. They don't derserve it (they should be on main), and i think they;re far to big for it. But in that intimate setting.... it would be great.

I can only see someone like Pearl Jam going ahead of them. But with them sharing drummers i can't see it as too likely. A grunge day onmain would be rather nice actually.. or at least a 90's day?

Pearl Jam

Soundgarden

Pavement

Alice In Chains

Dinosaur Jr

They don't seem to want to tour either. So if they played Reading normally i would hold off until the tour, but if no tour and I buy a day ticket for Soundgarden and they played under someone like MCR I would be really angry.

If it was a Pixies/SG co-headline slot (i've said this before i know) i would weep with joy though :)

I really can't see them going for a full tour to be honest, probably just a couple of shows here and there, which could increase their chances at R/L. But hey I would be on board for a grunge day I would personally love that.

I'm sure us and about 10 000 people would be thrilled