Soundgarden?

Guest Leyser

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a bit much to place so much credit for their sound on Staley, Jerry Cantrell has a very distinctive guitar and vocal style and a lot of their newer stuff can be easily identified a Alice In Chains.

Anyways back on topic, I always felt the only thing that would distract Soundgarden from a co-/sub-headline spot at Reading would be the lure of a headline slot at Sonisphere or Download, and with 5/6 headliners announced for those two it looks like Soundgarden might be available for Reading. If it turns out that they don't play any festivals this year I'll be really disappointed in them.

I'd quite like to see Soundgarden on the line up but purely for nostalgia reasons. I was really into grunge music as a teen but kind of grew out of it and hardly listen to it at all now. I'd definately go see Soundgarden though but to be honest I'd rather have Stone Temple Pilots.

• 4 weeks later...

f**k yes! Love your sig by the way.

Still hoping for a new album, but I would be fine with an EP. I know Kim has talked about the possibilities (which I have mentioned several times before). Frankly, this is a step in the right direction whether it is a slot at Reading, or their own tour

I can't see Soundgarden being at Reading/Leeds this year. Pearl Jam are hosting their own weekend festival to celebrate their 20th anniversary, and rumour has it that this will fall on the American Labor Day Weekend. This falls on the same weekend as Reading/Leeds. Matt Cameron may be awesome, but two places at once is not possible.