Soundgarden?

Guest Leyser

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought one of the reasons why Cornell decided a Soundgarden reunion was on the books was because his solo career was a bit... well, shit, frankly, after the debacle that was 'Scream'. Maybe teasing fans with a brief Soundgarden reunion was a way of cynically bringing attention to his solo output, but I wouldn't have thought somebody like Cornell would do something like that.

I can't say I'd be enthusiastic about him doing any solo gigs here.

There's some new pictures from this year on the website of the band playing in studio together, so it looks like they're jamming on new material or rehearing for shows. The Soundgarden-o-meter take another swing upwards!

Edited by mrtourette

Just thought I would share some info with our small Soundgarden community here.

SR for Download festival on efest line up page found here: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/download/2011/lineup.shtml#

Here is a Download forum where it has been discussed: /index.php?showtopic=155315&st=228">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=155315&st=228

Now I am not so great with predicting things so not sure if this is good or bad. Andy Copping (Download) has said he wouldn't book Soundgarden as headliners, but I think Soundgarden announced for Download would be good because we know they would be playing somewhere. This would therefore mean Chris isn't completely focusing on his solo project (tour wise) which could be good

No I doubt they'd ever play both, which is why seeing them announced for Download would be such a disappointment. But again better than them not doing anything.

Still we can nold out hope the the FNM situation repeats itelf, where they headlined Download 'exclusively' and then as soon as Download was over they were announced as headlining the tent at R&L.

No I doubt they'd ever play both, which is why seeing them announced for Download would be such a disappointment. But again better than them not doing anything.

Still we can nold out hope the the FNM situation repeats itelf, where they headlined Download 'exclusively' and then as soon as Download was over they were announced as headlining the tent at R&L.

Hmm based on that video I think they look quite staggering...

I'm not exactly sure where this Soundgarden info has come from but I figure if they don't get announced for Download it will be good news. It's possible that efests have some info that they will be paying festivals this summer so if it's not Download I figure they're a good shout for R/L.

At least I hope so. Reading 1995 under Neil Young

Thoroughly agree.

One thing to cling onto is that the guy who books for Download made those pretty dismissive remarks about Soundgarden, although they were related to their ability to headline and he may still want them to sub it can't have been a nice thing to read for them (or their management).

Yes, apparently he commented on saying something along the lines of Soundgarden aren't relevant enough to headline, or something like that.

Frankly this Download guys has awful PR, especially if he turns around and books Soundgarden as headliners. It would look like he simply doesn't believe in his bookings.

Personally I think that on the surface it appears that Download would have a more appreciative audience, but consider if Soundgarden didn't headline would they get a better reaction subbing Download, or headlining NME at R/L vs. a large main stage headliner??

• 3 weeks later...