singles thread

ampersand

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows what's around the corner? I am certainly excited to find out but at the same time i have absolutely zero expectations.

The one thing I've learned through all of this is that expectation is the ruiner of all things good. That's positive, not pessimistic. Have hope, not expectation. It yields greater fruit.

Any tips on how to deal with jealousy and envy would be much appreciated.

'Coz I seriously can't stop coveting my neighbours ass here.

The only thing I can think of is to w*nk yourself stupid. That at least will relieve some of the built up tension, but unfortunately will do nothing for the jealousy and envy. That doesn't really help does it!

Any tips on how to deal with jealousy and envy would be much appreciated.

'Coz I seriously can't stop coveting my neighbours ass here.

Stop confusing make-believe with reality and use your imagination to improve things until the jealously eventually subsides.

But what do you mean about wanting your neighbours ass? Sounds like lust to me.

Edited by AcademicPistol

The only thing I can think of is to w*nk yourself stupid. That at least will relieve some of the built up tension, but unfortunately will do nothing for the jealousy and envy. That doesn't really help does it!

I've just had a thought in that my first line could have been misread as me calling you stupid. Which I wasn't doing. I was trying to infer that you should w*nk yourself relenlessly until you become stupified.

Glad that's cleared that up. It's so easy to get misinterpreted.

My taste in men has apparently changed. Before settling down i always went for skinny indie boys. I am finding myself going for muscles. Not like crazy muscle stead heads but just nicely toned. Going to the gym is now like a constant tease. No idea what has caused my shift in taste, but i quite like it.

My taste in men has apparently changed. Before settling down i always went for skinny indie boys. I am finding myself going for muscles. Not like crazy muscle stead heads but just nicely toned. Going to the gym is now like a constant tease. No idea what has caused my shift in taste, but i quite like it.

Maybe it's a sub conscious thing connected with the Olympics and the toned sportsmen you may have seen on telly. Just a thought as the Olympics are everywhere at the moment.

nah, it's just growing up, and your tastes being changed for biological/genetic reasons to match the fact that you've grown up.

When someone is (say) 18, then a "skinny indie boy" has the potential to grow up into the strong protective man that evolution has decided you need. When you're older they're either that 'strong man' or not (and not going to change now), and so evolution tells you to go for the strong one.

My taste in women has changed dramatically. As long as they tick the 'not being dead' category they are ok in my book ;-)

My taste in women has changed dramatically. As long as they tick the 'not being dead' category they are ok in my book ;-)

Do the undead count?

I think I've grown out of being attracted to blondes or rather thinking that the ultimate sexy girls are blondes.

Edited by jump

I've think I've grown out of being attracted to blondes or rather thinking that the ultimate sexy girls are blondes.

I think a lot of men think that, i never have but i've never had a conscious preference either that being said i have never had a relationship with a blonde women either.

Maybe it's a sub conscious thing connected with the Olympics and the toned sportsmen you may have seen on telly. Just a thought as the Olympics are everywhere at the moment.

i don't have tv! The only Olympics i have seen are the horse trials when i was at the gym.

i don't have tv! The only Olympics i have seen are the horse trials when i was at the gym.

Oh well, it was just a theory. Not sure if Neil's theory stands up with you? If not what about this one - it's connected with your new single status and that you want to move onto pastures new and kind of discard your old self. To explore the unknown and unchartered. Maybe I should up my medication!

how long have you beengoing to the Gym (seeing whether the 2 tie in)

nah, it's just growing up, and your tastes being changed for biological/genetic reasons to match the fact that you've grown up.

When someone is (say) 18, then a "skinny indie boy" has the potential to grow up into the strong protective man that evolution has decided you need. When you're older they're either that 'strong man' or not (and not going to change now), and so evolution tells you to go for the strong one.

I get what you're saying here, but I find it reductive and somewhat sexist in part. You may be talking about relationships, rather than attraction.

Either way, the strength you're talking about is ambigious. A man could be perceived as strong, but in actual fact just doesn't give a shit. It appears the same, but not giving a shit is not attractive. Or strength could be a facade, something that women perceive far better than men. But most women will not want someone simply because they are strong. They'll want someone and then hope that they are strong, and on considering a relationship, hope that they can add to that strength in union. It's about attraction, first and foremost. And that is simply about that gut-feeling. Not the basic look of a man, but his ora. This is far more about self-confidence than it is strength.

I get what you're saying here, but I find it reductive and somewhat sexist in part. You may be talking about relationships, rather than attraction.

Either way, the strength you're talking about is ambigious. A man could be perceived as strong, but in actual fact just doesn't give a shit. It appears the same, but not giving a shit is not attractive. Or strength could be a facade, something that women perceive far better than men. But most women will not want someone simply because they are strong. They'll want someone and then hope that they are strong, and on considering a relationship, hope that they can add to that strength in union. It's about attraction, first and foremost. And that is simply about that gut-feeling. Not the basic look of a man, but his ora. This is far more about self-confidence than it is strength.

Or she just fancies a shag from a toned hard body stud :)