Arcade Fire?!

Guest KatiePC

I honestly think there's more chance of them headlining the Pyramid Saturday than of playing the Other Stage Friday.

They have no love or affection for Glastonbury, they hated their previous appearance (which was on the Other Stage) and they will get sweet fa cash for doing it. They will headline basically every festival they play this summer, I just don't see them taking a smaller slot.

I'm not a hater, I'm a geeky superfan - just apply some rational thought to it.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant see them playing other stage and could only imagine them either headlining or subbing the headliner on the pyramid..theyre career has progressed since they last played with suburbs being arguably there finest work and would need to be given a slot that is bigger and better than the last slot they had....if they supported, the headliner would have to be a band they have a great deal of respect and affection for too... might have been mentioned already but they supported U2 on tour a while back so a support slot for them isnt completely ludicrous!

heres hoping they will but i really cant see it happening.

i cant see them playing other stage and could only imagine them either headlining or subbing the headliner on the pyramid..theyre career has progressed since they last played with suburbs being arguably there finest work and would need to be given a slot that is bigger and better than the last slot they had....if they supported, the headliner would have to be a band they have a great deal of respect and affection for too... might have been mentioned already but they supported U2 on tour a while back so a support slot for them isnt completely ludicrous!

Surely with the Luxembourg show on the Sunday, "if" they were to play at all, playing opposite U2 would now look the most likely option.

Where in fairness if comparing against The Flaming Lips being booked against U2 this year, isn't a terrible shout.

This is purely still just hoping they play though. Flaming Lips had a smallish crowd against Gorillaz though, so would be a concern that they wouldn't get the crowd they deserve against U2.

or was it a case of people leaving gorillaz after a few songs cos they weren't into it? :P i started at the pyramid with the full intention of leaving after 5 songs to then catch the flaming lips. by 2 songs in, despite loving the gorillaz album, i knew i was making a mistake being there at all and bailed. there was a fair old stream of people doing the same thing.

arcade fire against u2 is a good call. it would certainly make sense for crowd-splitting purposes. there has to be someone fairly weighty in that slot.

or was it a case of people leaving gorillaz after a few songs cos they weren't into it? :P i started at the pyramid with the full intention of leaving after 5 songs to then catch the flaming lips. by 2 songs in, despite loving the gorillaz album, i knew i was making a mistake being there at all and bailed. there was a fair old stream of people doing the same thing.

Bjork headlined Coachella in 2007 and played the Other stage...doesn't mean anything. They've headlined other festivals before....so it really depends on who the Pyramid headliners are where they end up (again, this has nothing to do with whether they could headline the Pyramid)...if we have acts of the size of U2, Stones and Prince then they'll be subbing or Other stage headliners, or not there at all...