Unrecognisable!

Guest LusciousLucy

I'm really confused by everyone talking about adverts on the side. I always had adverts on the side (and the top) anyway. They're a little bit wider, but that's all.

And ditto, I recall the conversations about exploring the possibility of paying for an ad free version, but hand't realised this option was available. Good plan because I've found that some of the moving adverts slow my old computer down quite a bit and makes loading each page take ages.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the thing that concerns me is that the board is a little slower in reacting, a few times now ive clicked for the forums/chat or tried to start a reply and the page will hang or timeout!. Could the new features be hitting your server cpu/memory harder? and does it make as many database calls? might be worth a look to see if you cant optimize it?

Currently, one of the post-upgrade routines is still running, and will be for many more hours. (It's to convert the old posts to the new style).

That conversion is putting quite a load on the server at the moment, so I suspect that's the cause of any slowness.

Once it's finished (hopefully today, but might be tomorrow), if things are still slow I'll look into it some more.

I want to see all the replies on one screen, like in the olden days. Is there any way to do this with the new system? I have to click on each reply in turn at the moment, and I can't see any way to change it.

Also I can't see the text only option, which was a godsend for various reasons -- is it still available? If so how do I get it?

Hardly seems like any time since the site swapped from being green. This gave me a bit of a shock late last night and will take some getting used to. Ultimaely it's the same forum though and we'll get used to it - if it's a huge failure then Neil will see a drop-off in traffic and do something about it.

this may be a bit of a silly question but how do you get efestivals on the iphone? I have got it through Safari but it just looks the same as if on my computer and is tiny so can barely read it. Is there another way of getting it?

Yup, just noticed same kinda thing here on FireFox V3.5.9 when viewing a post that I know had a bulleted list in the past.

[ list=1 ]

[ * ] First Item

[ * ] Second Item

[ * ] Third Item

[ /list ]

Edited by mikeb

Yup, just noticed same kinda thing here on FireFox V3.5.9 when viewing a post that I know had a bulleted list in the past.

No longer seems to produce an indented version of something like this:

* First Item

* Second Item

* Third Item

Is anyone else getting pop ups EVERY TIME they view a different page?

And before you all say it, I do have a pop up blocker on, but I can still see its trying to give me a pop up each time and it seems a little OTT everytime I change page....

As someone who has set up a few forums, what the f**k is this thing?!

It is riddled with formatting errors, text floating across margins, text boxes running into other text boxes..

And the actual design is hideous. What is the point of having the news bar taking up 1/3 of the screen at all times? If the forum flowed around the box it would be better, as it is there is a massive white space to my right. Huge waste of space.

phpBB3 or the Simple Machines forum are free and vastly superior to this shit. As is vBulletin. I think the people behind efestivals should sack their web people because this thing is junk.

Edited by dirk4danger