General News Discussion

Guest Atlanteanlost

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

French sprinter

Interesting coverage of this. French sprinter Christophe Lemaitre ran sub 10 seconds at their national championships. Not much of a story until you factor in the fact that he's white. SHould the fact that he's the first white man to run a sub 10 second 100m really be a major story?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10785859?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A tad over the top, all the shopkeep did was stop the kid from running off and ask where he got the crisps from.

I was stopped in ASDA once, I picked a can of deodarant and dropped it off in another isle after changing my mind and I was stopped and questioned. I told them to f**k and walked on, but I should of started screaming and crying to cause a scene in hope of a pay off though.

In a shop, the ammount of shoplifting is unreal and staff have to be suspicious. You personally should have been chucked out and banned from the shop for the language used to someone doing their job just because your an indecisive c**t when it comes to your underarm hygene.

In a shop, the ammount of shoplifting is unreal and staff have to be suspicious. You personally should have been chucked out and banned from the shop for the language used to someone doing their job just because your an indecisive c**t when it comes to your underarm hygene.

So...

- MP up in Donegal gets elected to MEP last May thus leaving seat in parliament vacant

- Current Gov in Ireland has 2/3 seat majority and stalls on holding by-election since then

- Sinn Fein take the Gov to court to demand the by-election be held

- Judge agrees and will hear the case next week - it is expected to cost 150K

- Prime Minister Cowen asked today why he was a] not holding a by-election after well over a year & b] dragging the case through court costing the already flat broke take payer money we can't afford

His answer folks?

"We'll deal with that occasion at a later date. We're opening a road today."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/cowen-to-blow-euro100000-on-avoiding-byelection-date-2278253.html

So...

- MP up in Donegal gets elected to MEP last May thus leaving seat in parliament vacant

- Current Gov in Ireland has 2/3 seat majority and stalls on holding by-election since then

- Sinn Fein take the Gov to court to demand the by-election be held

- Judge agrees and will hear the case next week - it is expected to cost 150K

- Prime Minister Cowen asked today why he was a] not holding a by-election after well over a year & b] dragging the case through court costing the already flat broke take payer money we can't afford

His answer folks?

"We'll deal with that occasion at a later date. We're opening a road today."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/cowen-to-blow-euro100000-on-avoiding-byelection-date-2278253.html