What's the chances of pulling?

Guest asoldasglasto

I told myself I wouldn't get drawn into this but I'm gonna.

There is a whole world of difference between banter and friendly jibes at peoples expense and actual prejudice, bullying or persecution of any kind. Some people are hyper sensitive to this issue and I find that annoying.

I don't take myself at all seriously but I'm comfortable and confident in who I am. People take the piss out of me and I will laugh along and most of the people I class as close friends have a similar outlook. In my experience, the people who immediately try to occupy the moral high ground when jokes surrounding the issues of race/sexual orientation/religion etc. comes up tend to be unhappy in their own skin and carrying a heavy bag of neuroses with them.

Hell, the 4AssedMonkey thing came about as a jibe from my old cycling club about the size of my arse in lycra shorts (it's a fair old size and sticks out like you wouldn't believe) and it's been my internet moniker for the last 10 years as a result.

I'd be the first to jump on anyone who was obviously being prejudicial or malicious about any given sector of society but for pete's sake, can we all lighten up a touch?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest musiclove123
I normally have a w*nk or two over the festival period, once I had overdone it so much, even though I was bursting, I couldn't come.

There's no way I could go 5 days without emptying out.

I'm loving the parallel discussions going on here - one is about the role of language in society and whether it is better to avoid words with negative baggage or whether words can be treated as simply descriptive tools, thus stripping them of their negative power.

The other is about pubes.

I adore this thread,

from finding love at G, to a very strong discussion about words, to pubes, and not forgetting Gingers.... the latter of which I am proud to say I am, I feel the world takes the mickey out of red-heads because they are secretly jealous of such fair features!!!

I have my opinions on the words we use, lightly or otherwise, but I feel in these times why is it such an offense to use whatever words we want.... sticks and stones and all that!!? Why is it an offense to be offended, if you can't take the heat etc, etc, etc...

As for the orginal Q in this thread, I feel that you may find someone but it depends, do you mean a shagalicious girl (red-head, hairless, under 15 or otherwise!!) for the week-end, or a mate to have a r'ship with? the two are polar opposites IMO.... thats only my opinion.... no one take offense!!!!!

hope you find what you are looking for 'asoldasglasto' and many Happy returns for the birthday year you share with the best festival in history.... this will give you luck....

I adore this thread,

from finding love at G, to a very strong discussion about words, to pubes, and not forgetting Gingers.... the latter of which I am proud to say I am, I feel the world takes the mickey out of red-heads because they are secretly jealous of such fair features!!!

I have my opinions on the words we use, lightly or otherwise, but I feel in these times why is it such an offense to use whatever words we want.... sticks and stones and all that!!? Why is it an offense to be offended, if you can't take the heat etc, etc, etc...

As for the orginal Q in this thread, I feel that you may find someone but it depends, do you mean a shagalicious girl (red-head, hairless, under 15 or otherwise!!) for the week-end, or a mate to have a r'ship with? the two are polar opposites IMO.... thats only my opinion.... no one take offense!!!!!

hope you find what you are looking for 'asoldasglasto' and many Happy returns for the birthday year you share with the best festival in history.... this will give you luck....