Double Sleeping Bags for Couples?

Guest Ray Sheep

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll murder eachother in a double sleeping bag, unless you can perma-spoon. I need at least half a metre clearance between me and my mrs otherwise I get elbowed and told I'm whistling in my sleep. Or making a click at the back of my throat. To be fair though, she sounds like an abbatoir when she's sleeping. It's disturbing. I love her, obviously, but sometimes I think that I might be best in a separate bed except for mandatory fluid exchanges. The key to a healthy relationship is a good nights sleep after all.

You'll murder eachother in a double sleeping bag, unless you can perma-spoon. I need at least half a metre clearance between me and my mrs otherwise I get elbowed and told I'm whistling in my sleep. Or making a click at the back of my throat. To be fair though, she sounds like an abbatoir when she's sleeping. It's disturbing. I love her, obviously, but sometimes I think that I might be best in a separate bed except for mandatory fluid exchanges. The key to a healthy relationship is a good nights sleep after all.

We used to have a double sleeping bag and it drove me mad cos i kept getting stuck in the side with no zip and therefore no means of escape! Not good if you're hot or need a wee!

Last year I bought two singles that zip together and they're a vast improvement. Zipped together, you have a zip on each side which is much better for temperature control and getting out without disturbing the other half too much. And they can obviously also be used as single sleepingbags in their own right.

We got two of these from Argos. They're not hardcore camping ones but they suit us fine.

Unless you like getting smacked in the head/chest/back and being sweaty as hell whilst you sleep I would not recommend a double sleeping bag
Edited by jamiejc

Bought 2 single sleeping bags from Sainsbury's of all places about 2 years ago (think they were only about £6 each) and they are brilliant - simple rectangle ones that you can unzip and then zip together. Loads of room for me and fussy boyfriend!

Reckon all the big supermarkets or Argos will sell cheap decent ones you can do this with :P

Like this - £10 each now though...

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/sport...hnav=4294960292

Or this! Nice pink floral...

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-8558.aspx

Myself and my o/h have got a double sleeping bag.

You can get em easy enough , ours is a

Coleman Exponent

I have just had a look cos we are doing first camping trip of the year at the weekend and I have got it out.

She suggested we get one.

Only problem we have had was last year , we went camping to Cornwall and i fell on rocks and sprained my wrist but cos I was on holiday I refused to go to A&E thinking sleep and wine would

cure it , but when it swelled up during the night I could not sleep , so i got sent to the sleep in the

front of the tent -

I am not allowed to take it Glasto on my own tho !

:P

A double sleeping back sounds hellish... I hate waking up on a morning in a boiling hot tent, scrambling to get outside to cool down, as it is - a double bag must make things really warm!!

My other half and I will definitely be doing single bags... I'd love to try these selk-sleeping-bag.jpg

:P:P

We've got a double sleeping bag and we love it, think it's a Vango. Loads of room in it and zips down both sides. I tend to pump out enough heat to power a small town when I'm sleeping and she is always freezing so it works out nicely. :P