Arcade Fire NME? Source?

Guest Andrinald

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f**k it, we've got 4 days until the announcement, can we all not just wait? lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd say this is the best part.

It's like Christmas Eve trying to guess what presents you might get, hoping you'll get a Sega Mega Drive, when really you know your just going to get another plain bike.

Much like Leeds Fest, we're all hoping for some amazing 3rd Headliner, but in reality on Monday night, we will all feel like we do at about 9 O'clock on Christmas day, a little let down...

just throwing it out there, but do people think that Kids In Glass Houses might be headlining the FR tent the same night as Arcade Fire headline the NME, hense why he knows this infortmation?

it's the only way i can see Aled knowing this information, as surely they don't just dish up the lineup to every band that asks

KIGH are a very similar size to The Blackout who headlined it last year

I second this, last year they said they were 'sick of Kings of Leon too' and would be gone for a long time. Now they're back at Hyde Park and headlining V which is hardly fulfilling the promise. I like Kings of Leon but I've seen them 4 times and their ubiquity is starting to make them less appealing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I blame their barber, should never have shaved those beards off! All down hill from there...

Edited by steleeds2009

If this is true, my money is on Eminem.

This is something I did bored at work the other week. Points to Eminem been the 3rd headliner...

---------------------------------------------------

Namely that Leeds Fest, T in the Park and Oxygen Festival always seem to have similar headliners.

So i've looked back and over the last 5-6 years these three festivals have always shared at least one headliner....

2009 - Kings of Leon

2008- Rage Against the Machine

2007- Razorlight

2006- Franz Ferdinand

2005- Foo Fighters

2004- The Darkness (Leeds and Oxygen, can't find T in the Park Poster).

This year T in the park have MUSE EMINEM KASABIAN...

whilst Oxygen has MUSE EMINEM AND ARCADE FIRE...

Seeing as Kasabian are down for V so wouldn't headline Leeds, looks like we will have either Eminem or Muse.

EMINEM Can just jump off ship right now, Its just plain crap, yes its an ALT festival but there is no room for him when the majority is ROCK.

Ah these forums are full of positives and negatives lol, cannot wait for monday now!

TBH I think everyone is underestimating how big they are.

Just look at the amount of festivals their headlining/ sub-headlining this year, add to the fact they had an arena tour last time round and a brand new album out soon. All that means there is obviously a high demand for them.

AF are way bigger than FNM because AF are a current act so will therefore have more people wanting to see them.

I prefer FNM compared to Arcade Fire, in fact I'm not really a fine of AF at all. But I know how big they are.

based on last.fm data and no opinions, relative popularity of suggested headliners and bands they've been compared to recently sits like this:

guns n' roses: 1,636,183 listeners

blur: 1,532,918 listeners

blink 182: 1,502,633 listeners

eminem: 1,498,949 listeners

arcade fire: 1,245,936 listeners

faith no more: 646,555 listeners

based on the facts, if people thought FNM were to big to headline NME, arcade fire are WAY too big for it, as neil said, AF are evidently way bigger than FNM. however, they'd still be the weakest out of the 3 TBC headliners... let's hope blur creep in and make it an amazing lineup :P

Arcade Fire are absolutely massive, they're just not constantly being shoved down our throats by everybody (yet, as no doubt when their new album is on the horizon they will be f*cking everywhere) so a lot of people aren't aware of them

anybody who's really into their music knows about them and how big they are

sorry but right now they are far bigger than Faith No More, and will be even moreso when the new album is released

if they headlined the NME they would absolutely pack it out (Faith No More didn't even half fill it last year - that's mainly due to being on at the same time as KOL, which not many bands can beat these days, but y'know)