Arcade Fire NME? Source?

Guest Andrinald

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty glad in a way at this information. The fact that AF could close the festival in a tent where it would be an amazing atmosphere and it would be full of people who really appreciate and understand them. I could see the sing-a-longs being quite special in a tent.

I still think it’s possible that Arcade Fire might headline it, especially when not a lot of people know or listen to them. For those reasons I think it’s possible.

Not a lot of people know them? :P:P

They played 2nd from top on the main stage at R/L in 2007.

They headlined Latitude in 2007.

They played 3rd from top on the main stage at T in the Park in 2007.

They did all those things without anyone knowing them. :P;)

I'm pretty glad in a way at this information. The fact that AF could close the festival in a tent where it would be an amazing atmosphere and it would be full of people who really appreciate and understand them. I could see the sing-a-longs being quite special in a tent...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm with you there. The crowd on the main stage spoiled it for me last time Arcade Fire played. Will be a million times better in a tent with just Arcade Fire fans. Be much like when Manics closed the NME tent 2 years ago. They were on at the same time as the killers. So all the mainstream festival folk were there. Felt more like there own club gig as it was just their fans.

a part of me wants this to be true, so that the speculation of a third headliner can begin again (and i think Eminem is the biggest possibility)

but it would absolutely kill me having to miss Arcade Fire... more than any other clash i've ever had to face haha

goddamn Reading and Leeds 2010

If this is true, my money is on Eminem.

This is something I did bored at work the other week. Points to Eminem been the 3rd headliner...

---------------------------------------------------

Namely that Leeds Fest, T in the Park and Oxygen Festival always seem to have similar headliners.

So i've looked back and over the last 5-6 years these three festivals have always shared at least one headliner....

2009 - Kings of Leon

2008- Rage Against the Machine

2007- Razorlight

2006- Franz Ferdinand

2005- Foo Fighters

2004- The Darkness (Leeds and Oxygen, can't find T in the Park Poster).

This year T in the park have MUSE EMINEM KASABIAN...

whilst Oxygen has MUSE EMINEM AND ARCADE FIRE...

Seeing as Kasabian are down for V so wouldn't headline Leeds, looks like we will have either Eminem or Muse.

I love Arcade Fire - but the idea of them headlining Leeds/Reading scares me. I've seen them at 6 different festivals in the past few years, and the only outdoor stage that they've commanded with the same quality as at their own shows was at a 20,000 capacity on France. Not to say that they were bad at Reading 07, or Glastonbury, they just lost a little something when playing to such a large crowd on not 100% committed fans.

With the expansion of the Radio 1 Stage I can definitely see them headlining it - for years their set in the R1 stage in 2005 was the best festival set I'd seen and put up against GnR or even Blink I think they'd draw a decent sized but not unsafe crowd.

2004- The Darkness (Leeds and Oxygen, can't find T in the Park Poster).

This year T in the park have MUSE EMINEM KASABIAN...

whilst Oxygen has MUSE EMINEM AND ARCADE FIRE...

Seeing as Kasabian are down for V so wouldn't headline Leeds, looks like we will have either Eminem or Muse.

Not a lot of people know them? :P:P

They played 2nd from top on the main stage at R/L in 2007.

They headlined Latitude in 2007.

They played 3rd from top on the main stage at T in the Park in 2007.

They did all those things without anyone knowing them. :P;)

Edited by craigb

Yeah, I'm starting to think Eminem is more likely than Blur actually. Definitely goes along with RobDaBanks statement and with Neil Pengelly's tweet that we have the 3 best headliners this year. Blur have come from nowhere really with very little source. Libertines into Eminem would certainly be a bit strange though.

I'm aware I'm rambling now, but Blink, Guns and Roses and Eminem/Blur with Arcade Fire on NME is a huge line up. Certainly much better than the Blink, Arcade Fire, MCR line up that was rumoured not long ago.

Blink and Eminem are pretty much the two acts I would like to see most right now. 2 headliners I love would be awesome considering I have only watched one headliner out of the past two years.