Arcade Fire NME? Source?

Guest Andrinald

If Green Day had been down to headline with blink subbing, maybe there has been a late headliner brought in ahead of blink, instead of Arcade Fire.

Blink were obviously happy subbing initially, so if Blur/Eminem were suddenly made available, they might be happy to step down from headlining?

Just throwing it out there

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Respect and everything to you Neil, but IMO you seem to believe Arcade Fire are bigger than they actually are.

Not at all. I was as surprised as the rest of you to hear them mooted as a headliner, but at the same time I can see they're no less worthy of making that step up from having already played second at R/L as plenty of other bands have been.

If no bands are ever given that opportunity, then we only ever get the same headliners again and again and again .... the posts on here show just how bored so many people have become of KoL / The Killers / Metallica / etc headlining festivals again and again and again.

AF are certainly much bigger than FNM. Anyone thinking different is well off the mark.

Not at all. I was as surprised as the rest of you to hear them mooted as a headliner, but at the same time I can see they're no less worthy of making that step up from having already played second at R/L as plenty of other bands have been.

If no bands are ever given that opportunity, then we only ever get the same headliners again and again and again .... the posts on here show just how bored so many people have become of KoL / The Killers / Metallica / etc headlining festivals again and again and again.

AF are certainly much bigger than FNM. Anyone thinking different is well off the mark.

hmmm we'll see

i personally still think it's Blink, AF and GnR that are the headliners, but i wouldn't at all be surprised if AF headlined the NME

they may be huge, but vs. Blink, GnRs or whoever the third headliner may be, their fanbase becomes much smaller as there will be a lot of crossover, and many people will choose the Main Stage act, purely because it's the Main Stage act

Edited by FloorFiller

100,000 people or so go to Reading. If Arcade Fire are on the bill i'd guess that at the very least 1 in 6/7 people would want to see them. That's what, at least 15,000 people? Do a poll on here, see just how popular they are amongst Reading goers. Putting them in the tent would be foolish.

as i've already said, this forum is full of regular, dedicated festival goers. of course people here would watch Arcade Fire if they played

but the average festival crowd (which has changed from people genuinly wanting to see bands, to people going to a festival because it's the new 'in' thing to do) might not

i know that when i've told a lot of my friends about Arcade Fire headlining they've been like 'what, why are they headlining?'

us big music, regular festival fans might understand it, but tons of people out there won't

i'm not saying they won't headline Main Stage, as i think they will, but i think you're seriously overestimating the crowd they will pull if headlining the NME and if put up against Blink, Guns N Roses or whoever the third headliner is (i'd put my bets on them being on at the same time as Guns 'N Roses personally)

100,000 people or so go to Reading. If Arcade Fire are on the bill i'd guess that at the very least 1 in 6/7 people would want to see them. That's what, at least 15,000 people? Do a poll on here, see just how popular they are amongst Reading goers. Putting them in the tent would be foolish.