Libs and arcade fire, which one is headlining and which one is subbing?

Guest xx--xx

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

care to point out where I took a angle that was anything remotely like that? :P

Pete is a junkie. Junkies are habitual liars, and their word cannot be trusted about anything they utter. That's what comes from being a junkie.

The fact that he's also a musician has no relevance to that. It doesn't make him more trustworthy, it doesn't make him less trustworthy. He's a junkie, and you cannot trust a junkie.

We all know someone who knows all about this with Pete. He goes by the name of Carl Barat, and he had the junkie locked up for robbing him.

I would assume that The Libertines would be 2nd headline, sure they could headline but as people have mentioned, what if something happens before the festival? Not worth the risk to put them as headliners. I then reckon that the 3rd headliners that day will be a band that will be able to pull 2nd headline off, maybe that's where this talk of Elbow playing has come from.

See now you are approaching this as if all people on drugs are untrustworthy scum. I'd say that was a very naive way of looking at people.

No, I'm approaching this from the angle that all junkies are untrustworthy scum. Because in 99.999% of cases they are.

I've not got this idea from reading the Daily Mail. I've got this idea from nearly 30 years of personal drug taking and an awful lot of time over the years spent around junkies. Who've very nicely said what a good mate I am ... before robbing me, my mates, my family and anyone else convenient to them.

Which is funnily enough not hugely different to what Pete did to Carl. :P

Yeah Pete did some strupid stuff. But Carl forgave him. So why people that have 0 to did with his personal life feel the need to continue judging him i do not know. He might be a cock, or he might be someone who has been forced into celebrity for the wrong reasons. Either way you nor i know him, i just find it hard how people can immediatly judge people and their music, without actually having a conversation with them.

Carl might have forgave him. But I'll bet my mother that he doesn't trust him an inch. Because Pete is still a junkie.

None of that has anything to do with his music, what a huge talent he may or may not be (I've yet to see any, but I've heard he has some :P), or anything else. It's purely about the fact that he's a junkie and junkies simply cannot be trusted about anything.

I'm not a Descliple. I just find it very childish regarding all junkies are scum. Doing drugs, and being scum are not the same thing. Being a junkie does not automatically mean you become a c**t.

But also, the guy may be an idiot. But how do any of us actually know that this is fact? How have we gained such a negative idea of him.. because he is in the papers. That is all.

I'm not a Descliple. I just find it very childish regarding all junkies are scum. Doing drugs, and being scum are not the same thing. Being a junkie does not automatically mean you become a c**t.

What is childish is your inability to separate "doing drugs" from being a junkie. Doing drugs does not make someone a junkie - being addicted does.

Being a junkie, in my experience, doesn't make someone scum but it does make them totally untrustworthy about anything. Unlike a more balanced person who respects truth, honesty, and others, a junkie is only focused on their next hit and where it's coming from... and they'll do whatever it takes to make sure they get it.

But also, the guy may be an idiot. But how do any of us actually know that this is fact? How have we gained such a negative idea of him.. because he is in the papers. That is all.

Oh, do take your head from your arse, pleeeeaaaaase.

While every single thing that's been reported about Pete might not be true, the reports of him driving drunk &/or drugged up without insurance when he's not even ever passed his test very definitely are - as proven in various courts of law at various times.

So the guy is an idiot. Quite possibly he's that idiot because of the drugs, but still an idiot.

Pete was in court and on his way out, some heroin fell out his pocket

if that doesn't shout 'idiot' i don't know what does

the guy writes fairly good music (i'm not a massive fan but i can appreciate it for what it is) but he's an absolute knob as a person, and he is a definite risk in the Libertines, as he could either not show up, show up late, or come on stage totally monged off his face and perform terribly

What is childish is your inability to separate "doing drugs" from being a junkie. Doing drugs does not make someone a junkie - being addicted does.

Being a junkie, in my experience, doesn't make someone scum but it does make them totally untrustworthy about anything. Unlike a more balanced person who respects truth, honesty, and others, a junkie is only focused on their next hit and where it's coming from... and they'll do whatever it takes to make sure they get it.

While every single thing that's been reported about Pete might not be true, the reports of him driving drunk &/or drugged up without insurance when he's not even ever passed his test very definitely are - as proven in various courts of law at various times.

So the guy is an idiot. Quite possibly he's that idiot because of the drugs, but still an idiot.

Back to thee point a bit. Would Libertines really go under arcade fire This is nothing to do with who is the bigger or better band argument. But surly the organisers must see that there will be a huge amount of people planning to see libertines who probably won't stick around for Arcade Fire. I know bands like the pixes in previous years didn't attract everyone but the crowd could be pitifully small and everyone leaving at the start of you set cant be a good feeling. Pretty sure Arcade Fire dont like reading much anyway. This is all coming from an Arcade Fire fan btw.

Back to thee point a bit. Would Libertines really go under arcade fire This is nothing to do with who is the bigger or better band argument. But surly the organisers must see that there will be a huge amount of people planning to see libertines who probably won't stick around for Arcade Fire. I know bands like the pixes in previous years didn't attract everyone but the crowd could be pitifully small and everyone leaving at the start of you set cant be a good feeling. Pretty sure Arcade Fire dont like reading much anyway. This is all coming from an Arcade Fire fan btw.

I am no massive libertines fan but I think the people paying doherty is likely to no show are talking crap. The same thing was probably said when babyshambles played in the past. No way is doherty missing this payday. Funny thing is a lot of people who call him a junky idiot probably idolize kurt cobain who was a junky idiot as well.

whats laughable is that you expect MB to put his festival on the line with one of the most unreliable bands in the history of music.

much better to give them 'special guest' status, and then if they do no show, youve still got your headliner

Well, if the Libertines play & are on before Arcade fire, I won't be sticking around. And if they don't play, I won't be going to Reading. A slightly earlier timeslot has the added bonus that we won't get snarled up in the queues to get out of the festival either. Oh, and I'm certainly not a 16yo girl. Just someone who doesn't much like Reading but does like the Libertines (and has promised her kids she'd take them to see them at the first opportunity).

Well, if the Libertines play & are on before Arcade fire, I won't be sticking around. And if they don't play, I won't be going to Reading. A slightly earlier timeslot has the added bonus that we won't get snarled up in the queues to get out of the festival either. Oh, and I'm certainly not a 16yo girl. Just someone who doesn't much like Reading but does like the Libertines (and has promised her kids she'd take them to see them at the first opportunity).

hello old friend.. guess who :P

Arcade Fire will be a fantastic way to cool down after the Libs set.. cannot wait to enjoy a beer under the stars after seeing The Libs, listening to AF play Wake Up, Power Out, Lies..

Edited by lme