Libs and arcade fire, which one is headlining and which one is subbing?

Guest xx--xx

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of those things where sometimes the smartest person can be the dumbest. He was selected by the British Art council (or something like that) to represent Britain at some kind of poetry competition in Russia when he was 15 - I do believe at his best he was one of the finest British Lyricists of the last 20 years, it's just a shame he flushed his talent down the toilet.

I doubt there is a single person on here who doesnt like at least one band who has an idiot for a lead singer. I can think of several in bands I like. It kind of goes with the frontman terrirtory, not everyone is dave grohl. As for not turning up for shows, how many big shows has he missed? From my memory not many but I could be wrong.

few points to make -

whoever said the thing about not believing arcade fire are more popular than the libertines until nme says so...when arcade fire released Neon Bible, they were front cover of the NME with the headline "New album from the worlds greatest band." I hate the NME but yea, theres that.

arcade fire are definitely more worthy of headlining slot. and although i agree that the reformation of the libertines should deserve a headline slot, if they were to headline the Radio 1 tent, it'd be too small, overcrowding and complaints. yet they arent big enough (or reliable) enough to headline main stage, so second headliner is the only way.

and also yea, they were offered 2 million to reform and headline NME, not mainstage (whenever that was)

I doubt there is a single person on here who doesnt like at least one band who has an idiot for a lead singer. I can think of several in bands I like. It kind of goes with the frontman terrirtory, not everyone is dave grohl. As for not turning up for shows, how many big shows has he missed? From my memory not many but I could be wrong.

to all the people slagging pete of, just look t what happened last time libertines were booked to play the festvial. when he, um, didn't turn up...

the guys still a junkie, he probably just has better management getting him to gigs on time. At least arcade fire will trun up sober...

haha i laugh this off arcade fire are no were near as talented as libertines to me they are a band that were over shaddowed by drugs etc but if it wasnt for that they in my eyes would of went on to become one of the best bands of the last 20 years! There music is amazing lyrically and get the tune perfect to go with it and the passion in the songs is amazing just listened to neon bible and thought how is this better than up the bracket! To end the saturday night if that is the day with time for heroes with carl and pete onstage with big gary on drums would be the best thing at that festival by far! smoking a nice wee joint in one hand and a pint in the other. lets just say my dreams have all come true!

Its true, NME do big up the libertines a hell of alot, but not without good reason. i think the problem with the libertines is you either like the drugged up rock and roll lifestyle, or you dont. Personally i think they will go down well and though pete is unreliable he has played some amazing shows, and for this to be the libertines comeback, i dont see why he would f**k it up again this time around.