"Surprise booking"

Guest .jay.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm more up for having a chinwag and a laugh just shooting the shit with people than being right or wrong, especially over something as unimportant as a all this.

don't get me wrong i'll always try and back up my views and opinions and argue the toss and i can be a bit of a twat sometimes as i am so headstrong. but being right isn't the be all and end all, and i will always put up my hands and admit to being a tit when i've been overzealous in doing so and it all blown up in my face! :P

from what i see on here you seem obsessed with being the font of all knowledge and wisdom and most of your conversations with people (well i say conversations they are arguments lets face it) on here revolve around you being right and them being wrong.

who gives a shit if you are right or wrong when it comes to such stupid things as which bands are going to play festivals,or what someone means by the words they use it takes so much of the fun out of it all when people are so anal over such things.

who gives a shit if you are right or wrong when it comes to such stupid things as which bands are going to play festivals

Who? You clearly do, with your decision to challenge me on my take on things. :P

I don't really care if I'm right or wrong (tho I'd obviously prefer to be right, as I'm sure you would too), but as I've already said, I've given you my take on things.

There is very definitely a knack to trying to read between the lines of these things. Very many journos can't even read the text that's in front of them half the time (as I get to discover almost daily when chasing stories around) so are never going tio get things right, while my own record is - tho I say it myself - hugely better a hooking out the really relevant than so many other places.

As an example from today: I've been saying for ages (not sure if I've posted it, tho I've defo spoken with many peeps about it) that no way are the shows in March with Dizzee the last shows that Lily Allen will do (based on what she has said, and not what's been reported that she's said) ... I've had countless people telling me I'm wrong .... and then today she gets announced for Wireless. She'll be announced for T in the Park very shortly too. And V fest. And then another tour for later this year (just so it's clear, the only info I have is for T - pull me up on the rest if it doesn't happen; as I say, I do get things wrong sometimes).

Egos like her don't fade away voluntarily. They might want to take a easier working life (which is the case for Lily), but voluntarily give up? :P:P

Doing what I do is quite easy, but you have to be looking at stuff from the right angle. History shows I'm better at taking that angle than most others.

Who? You clearly do, with your decision to challenge me on my take on things. :P

I don't really care if I'm right or wrong (tho I'd obviously prefer to be right, as I'm sure you would too), but as I've already said, I've given you my take on things.

There is very definitely a knack to trying to read between the lines of these things. Very many journos can't even read the text that's in front of them half the time (as I get to discover almost daily when chasing stories around) so are never going tio get things right, while my own record is - tho I say it myself - hugely better a hooking out the really relevant than so many other places.

As an example from today: I've been saying for ages (not sure if I've posted it, tho I've defo spoken with many peeps about it) that no way are the shows in March with Dizzee the last shows that Lily Allen will do (based on what she has said, and not what's been reported that she's said) ... I've had countless people telling me I'm wrong .... and then today she gets announced for Wireless. She'll be announced for T in the Park very shortly too. And V fest. And then another tour for later this year (just so it's clear, the only info I have is for T - pull me up on the rest if it doesn't happen; as I say, I do get things wrong sometimes).

Egos like her don't fade away voluntarily. They might want to take a easier working life (which is the case for Lily), but voluntarily give up? :P:P

Doing what I do is quite easy, but you have to be looking at stuff from the right angle. History shows I'm better at taking that angle than most others.

i just find it odd you get into so much conflict on here when you own the place and are here all the time it must get so monotonous. :P

I just say what I think. It's the likes of you that decides to turn it into 'conflict'.

Yes, it can get monotonous. Just as all jobs do. It's my job.

i tend to find that so many names and acts get bandied about on here that you just have to be right on a lot of it, to be hinest i see a lot of members here come through with dsome great info and announcments but they rarely get any credit where credit is due and instead it's usually a "well i knew that already but haven't said anything because i cant" type thing.

eh? Where are you getting that from?? I can't think of any occasion where I've said "well i knew that already but haven't said anything because i cant" .... I might have said it very occasionally (because sometimes I get given info that I'm asked not to use publicly in any way ... such as some stuff I'm sitting on at the moment), but it's very definitely not anything regular.

People on here come up with stuff all the time, tho the majority of it is from public sources - sources that I'm very often on the case with at the same moment it gets posted here. Other stuff gets posted that may or may not be true (see the recent Robbie Williams thread for example), which I hold back on commenting on until I'm able to check it out in some way (that one I checked out, and discovered it was bull. Matey who posted it has since admitted to me that it was).

Sometime I dispute what gets posted (such as Stevie Wonder, recently), because my own sources are indicating that it's very probably not true - I had very good reasons for my disbelief with that, because a rumour had already been floating around for months with him which I'd discovered had no basis at all yet was being regularly repeated (Stevie was not on Glasto's radar at the time of the original rumours - they went for him after the Stones backed out). I'd thought that the newer claims of Stevie were that being repeated yet again, and said as much. When Michael blabbed about it one of the very first things I did was post in the thread and congratulate the person for being right and me being wrong.

Edited by eFestivals

I just say what I think. It's the likes of you that decides to turn it into 'conflict'.

Yes, it can get monotonous. Just as all jobs do. It's my job.

eh? Where are you getting that from?? I can't think of any occasion where I've said "well i knew that already but haven't said anything because i cant" .... I might have said it very occasionally (because sometimes I get given info that I'm asked not to use publicly in any way ... such as some stuff I'm sitting on at the moment), but it's very definitely not anything regular.

People on here come up with stuff all the time, tho the majority of it is from public sources - sources that I'm very often on the case with at the same moment it gets posted here. Other stuff gets posted that may or may not be true (see the recent Robbie Williams thread for example), which I hold back on commenting on until I'm able to check it out in some way (that one I checked out, and discovered it was bull. Matey who posted it has since admitted to me that it was).

Sometime I dispute what gets posted (such as Stevie Wonder, recently), because my own sources are indicating that it's very probably not true - I had very good reasons for my disbelief with that, because a rumour had already been floating around for months with him which I'd discovered had no basis at all yet was being regularly repeated (Stevie was not on Glasto's radar at the time of the original rumours - they went for him after the Stones backed out). I'd thought that the newer claims of Stevie were that being repeated yet again, and said as much. When Michael blabbed about it one of the very first things I did was post in the thread and congratulate the person for being right and me being wrong.

you know what, i've had a epiphany and have seen the light, you're right about the conflict, it's not you it's everyone else! :P

It takes two to conflict. :P

In this instance, yo0u stated your view, I stated my view. Then you've decided to take me to task for my view. In this instance, it is VERY DEFINITELY you. Get over it. :P

as for the claims of knowing things but not posting them you made such a claim in the very post i quoted!

Eh? What? Where? Your imagination is running riot!!!

and you may not say what i said Verbatim but you often allude to such, we see it all the time and it's hilarious, keep up the good work it's great for comedy value if nothing else.

If I allude to knowing something that I can't publish, then that's because I know something that I can't publish. :P

Do you think any source would tell me something a second time if I ignored what they say about using what they told me? :(

But to make you laugh (I'm presuming that you spend most minutes of each day rolling around the floor in a giggling fit), I know something about a band that defo playing Glastonbury that will excite a lot of people, but which I can't tell you. Because I do. Sometime soon I'll be able to tell people, but not yet. Because I respect my sources.

Oh no, all that's wrong. The rumours on here are so much more accurate year on year than can be seen anywhere else only because I'm good at guessing. :P:(

It takes two to conflict. :P

In this instance, yo0u stated your view, I stated my view. Then you've decided to take me to task for my view. In this instance, it is VERY DEFINITELY you. Get over it. :P

Eh? What? Where? Your imagination is running riot!!!

actually that's my bad in thsi case i misread this ^

If I allude to knowing something that I can't publish, then that's because I know something that I can't publish. :P

Do you think any source would tell me something a second time if I ignored what they say about using what they told me? :P

But to make you laugh (I'm presuming that you spend most minutes of each day rolling around the floor in a giggling fit), I know something about a band that defo playing Glastonbury that will excite a lot of people, but which I can't tell you. Because I do. Sometime soon I'll be able to tell people, but not yet. Because I respect my sources.

Oh no, all that's wrong. The rumours on here are so much more accurate year on year than can be seen anywhere else only because I'm good at guessing. :(:P

Edited by .jay.

it's all rather futile and meaningless finding all that shit out if you can't do nothing with it until it's made public. :P

If that was the case for more than tiny proportion of the stuff I have to hold back you'd have a point. As it's not, you don't.

But even with the stuff I get told which I'm told I can't use at all, it's rare that that the first anyone knows of it is when it's made properly public. I get told stuff that I'm not to use so that I can chase it down thru other sources.

Oh no, all that's wrong. The rumours on here are so much more accurate year on year than can be seen anywhere else only because I'm good at guessing. :P:P

Edited by Red Day

but in reghards to this?

"I just say what I think. It's the likes of you that decides to turn it into 'conflict'."

is that not an odd funny thing to say?

it is funny as it is basically he is claiming he is not accountable for the reactions he gets from the things he says, he can say what he thinks and if people disagree or take umbrage from it then none of it is his fault.

in my view that's a ludicrous claim and is funny.

You were the one that first brought up 'conflict'. If you hadn't, that line of mine wouldn't exist :P

Sometimes I'm responsible for kicking something off in general convos (who isn't?), but rarely with anything to do with a band I say I know to be playing, which is what I thought we wwere talking about here.

So - to clarify.... are we still talking about band rumours, or are you now just enjoying having a general pop (but which isn't you starting any conflict, oh no :P).? :P