The word that shall not be mentioned

Guest jeffie

Don't accept mediocrity yet. Aim high. Have you learned nothing from previous years, man?! And get your gods right. Zorg isn't the Sun God. He's the dog of Zeus. Different kettle of fish altogether. Don't bother the big Z with trivial weather requests - he'll zap you. It's Apollo you're after.

When I speak to Apollo, I will ask him to bless us with 30 degree heat (don't any of you come back at me with any 'that's too hot' bullshit - you've had your horrible rainy festies recently - it's us sun lovers who deserve our time). Haggle.

I'm not willing to compromise anything at this very early stage. Aim high.

If it's pissing it down on the build up and the outlook is grimmer than a track from the new Muse album, then we can start talking about an 'average' Glastonbury forecast. But not a moment before.

Dry - a must.

Hot - a must.

Scroching - a must.

It's our time, fellow sun lovers.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never ever said mud makes it a BAD festival, merely that being wet is not as good as being dry.

2007 - a great festival, I loved it. It would have been better if it had stayed dry.

2008 - a great festival, I loved it. It would have been worse if it had been wet.

No rain. No compromise.

In 2008 the dust was getting a bit much by the end of Thursday, so the rainfall that night helped settle it quite nicely, leaving splendid conditions for the rest of the Fest.

I'm with you Langdale. Scorchers and nothing less are to be demanded at this early stage in the game. Not even going to look for wellies nevermind ask the price of a pair until at least 22nd June.

♪....Bring me Sunshine, in your smile,

Bring me Laughter, all the while... la la la la laa... ♪

Buh I don't like the sun, can we not agree on something in-between downpour and scorching hot. (I am one of those people who burns very very easily and gets angry in extreme heats :P). Around 20 degrees with a nice breeze will do me :P

Sorry (again). But it is!! Ask jamiejc....sliding down hills on wet bits of plastic with no shoes on is brilliant. As is trying and failing to make it back to your tent along THAT path in Dragons Field :P I think we fell onto our knees more often than the amount of steps we took. We (I) had been drinking aftershock all afternoon and evening though :P
Edited by jamiejc

I don't care what the weather is. I don't care what people decide to do with the weather, be that hot and naked or wet and mud bathing in wings. I would also defend the right of everyone and anyone to enjoy the weather in any way that bring them joy. I think in my minuscule experience glastonbury is big enough to be many things to many people.

Personally the afternoon of the huge thunderstorm last year was a highlight of the time there for me (maybe because I got sunstroke on one of the sunny days and ended it launching myself out of my tent head first to throw up then retreat and convince myself I was actually going to die with Bruce Springsteen filtering in through my tent fabric). I wasn't wearing wings, I didn't covort in the mud like some amateur winged pron star, but I did meet some people I wouldn't have if I hadn't been sheltering under gazebos, using mens urinals with my she wee cause i was sick of walking to the long drop in the rain and i was busting and causing a huge hilarity. I wouldn't have had a picture of me in that storm my OH loves when I normally don't 'do' photos.

Everything is what you make it. Yeah sunny is nice but you can make the best of rain and mud and laugh in it.

A winter this unreal can only constitute a scorching hot summer. I pray the we are in the middle of a heatwave come June.... With light showers at 6 in the morning to provide moisture to the grass.

:P:(

I also mentioned my liking of 'mud' :P

Kats> I'm sure you must have been a Hippo in a previous life! :P:P

Mud hey? Must be one of Kats friends on this vid:

:P