The word that shall not be mentioned

Guest jeffie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i smashed my ankle last year in the feffing *** so its got to be SUNNY .plus im in agreement with those that say it makes for a better festi ,of course it does !!!! :P we can all do rain some of you injoy it but just this year the 40th bring on the sun :P

Surely the fact that you can't really just sit down wherever takes your fancy is a massive downside.

I remember last year on friday morning we managed to get on a bench near the mandela bar and we didn't want to leave it because that was one of the very few places we could sit - we ended up listening to Eagles of Death Metal and N.E.R.D from that spot so as not to have to move and relinquish our only chance of a sit down.

Obviously you can say things like "take a stool/chair" or "take a blanket" but it's just more stuff to haul around so it undeniably lessens the experience to a certain extent anyway.

I just like being able to sprawl out on the grass towards the back of the pyramid stage during a sunny afternoon.

There's one thing that always helps remind me that rain = bad, and that's the following; on a dry year, late at night, the fields in front of the stages are full of people laying around having a laugh, lighting little fires and enjoying themselves. On a wet year, the fields are empty except for people trudging through them, weighed down with waterproofs and muddy boots, looking for somewhere to sit.

I don't mind wet weather if I'm on a walking holiday, with all the gear at my disposal. I do fecking mind it if I'm at a festival, wanting to lounge around on the grass without worrying about getting my rizlas wet or where to put my beer without it getting splashed with mud.

No compromise, rain is shit. :P

There's one thing that always helps remind me that rain = bad, and that's the following; on a dry year, late at night, the fields in front of the stages are full of people laying around having a laugh, lighting little fires and enjoying themselves. On a wet year, the fields are empty except for people trudging through them, weighed down with waterproofs and muddy boots, looking for somewhere to sit.

I don't mind wet weather if I'm on a walking holiday, with all the gear at my disposal. I do fecking mind it if I'm at a festival, wanting to lounge around on the grass without worrying about getting my rizlas wet or where to put my beer without it getting splashed with mud.

No compromise, rain is shit. :P

I'm now getting married on 19th June so I have an extra reason to wish for sunshine through that spell. However, I'll make a deal with the weather gods and let it rain on my wedding day if it can be sunny for the following weekend!

I'm now getting married on 19th June so I have an extra reason to wish for sunshine through that spell. However, I'll make a deal with the weather gods and let it rain on my wedding day if it can be sunny for the following weekend!

I think this thread is misleading. Anyone yet to contribute to it might think the word that cannot be mentioned is 'flag'.