Pukkelpop 2010

Guest Semprini

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the Marquee is a tent but not the circus style that they have at festivals with big support poles keeping the roof up. It's got solid walls and is more like those corporate marquee structures you see at big events.

The Flaming Lips played the Marquee back in 2008 and they put on a great show - have a search on youtube and you'll find quite a few videos of it.

Great effort with the clashfinder, it's nice to see where some of the bands and DJs will be over the weekend :D

Just a few things though that you might want to take into consideration if you make any adjustments. Provided the timetable follows a similar pattern to previous years, the Main Stage, Shelter and Chateau will all go against each other (bands on roughly the same time) and the Marquee, Dance Hall and Club will do the same. The named DJs in the Boiler will finish at 2am Thursday and Friday and 1am Saturday - they usually have local DJs playing the 2-4am or 1-4am slot, which they announce nearer the time. The Main Stage order on Friday will be Limp Bizkit, Eels, Snow Patrol, the Prodigy and then Bloody Beetroots. 2manydjs will also be closing the Main Stage on Saturday which means that Soulwax won't be playing last in the Dance Hall. You can also add Young Guns to the Shelter line up on Thursday and Fanfarlo have moved to the Chateau on Friday.

thanks for the info and all the other points so far in the thread,this is useful

this is gonna be my first year there after doin a glasto/sziget summer for the past 2 years and various other dance festivals.you've stated when the general stages finish up but is there afterhours entertainment on site once these finish?as in smaller bars with music on not announceded on the line up? how long do the bars stay open till or are they 24 hour?

definately seems the most value-for-money european festival around lineup wise.i do agree with your earlier point about electro overload,ive noticed that with alot of other festivals this summer. would love some beyer/dubfire/dave clarke ect but garnier will more than likely go a long way to make up with his thursday night slot.do you or anyone else know whether this is his liveshow or a dj set? if its a dj set id imagine it'll be 5 hours + cos i think he specifies that before playing gigs anymore.im presuming and hoping) its a dj set as it usually states its a live set next to his name when he does one

seeing flying lotus close on the saturday night will also be another high point!

ive read reviews on other sites saying there werent any water taps on site? is this true? if so how much is bottled water to buy?

also,how easily available are pills etc? is it the usual case of "just head the dance tent (or whichever is the equivalent here,boiler room? everywhere haha??)"??

cheers

I spoke to Bryce Dessner from The National last night, before their gig in London and he said that the organisers were going to move their set from the Marquee to the Main Stage. We'll have to wait and see if that comes to fruition, but if so, it could many several bands shuffle up and down the line up between now and a month's time..

Interesting.......this could mean that someone like LCD Soundsystem might be added to the Marquee line up which would be superb B) Having said that, I've already got a potential nasty clash between Flying Lotus and Yeasayer at that time so any more additions would just make things more difficult <_<

So, onto practicalities. I spent a good hour last evening reading the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Pukklepop threads. I've read mixed reviews of the camping and was hoping that someone could give me an honest appraisal. Heard that we need to avoid a ditch/open drain (and of course usual camping pitfalls such as dips in the ground etc)but I also herd that it's crammed (and also that it's not as crammed as Glastonbury) and that people fall into/over your tent all night and that there's people p155ing up against every fence and tree.

Now, I know if that was my experience I'd struggle to be objective, but I'd be interested in getting some views on the camp-site, some photo's would be great too. I'm exceptionally excited about the festival and have plenty of recovery time planned in, just wanted to get the low down on camping in case I need to plan 1 night away from the camp-site to recharge the batteries/get at decent kip/shower/toilet.

Cheers all

So, onto practicalities. I spent a good hour last evening reading the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Pukklepop threads. I've read mixed reviews of the camping and was hoping that someone could give me an honest appraisal. Heard that we need to avoid a ditch/open drain (and of course usual camping pitfalls such as dips in the ground etc)but I also herd that it's crammed (and also that it's not as crammed as Glastonbury) and that people fall into/over your tent all night and that there's people p155ing up against every fence and tree.

Now, I know if that was my experience I'd struggle to be objective, but I'd be interested in getting some views on the camp-site, some photo's would be great too. I'm exceptionally excited about the festival and have plenty of recovery time planned in, just wanted to get the low down on camping in case I need to plan 1 night away from the camp-site to recharge the batteries/get at decent kip/shower/toilet.

Cheers all

Edited by Trufflehound

Another plea for 1 combi ticket for the weekend im afraid! my idiot friend has booked all his flights and time off work and decided to leave buying his ticket until now.. if anyone has a spare ticket, if you ould make conact with me on here that would be massively appreciated. thanks

You can, if you're willing to swallow the expense, buy 3 day tickets and still camp. you'll get a different wristband each day on presentation of the tickets.

anywho Re: Trufflehound and saying Jupiler is piss. I'll disagree, took a liking to it at Rock Werchter recently. It, maes and a few of the standard belgian blonde beers are no worse than any of the standard lagers really. Plus it's stronger than most of them too. That said most standard lagers aint great

Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree on the Jupiler then guys. All the more for you I guess... :)

But if you've any spare time while you're there, nip into Hasselt and check out the Hemelrijk (On Hemelrijk 10, near the cathedral). It's actually an Italian restaurant, but unless they're full of diners you can usually just have a drink. They have well over 500 different beers, and I guarantee that all except the most challenged of palates will find at least 480 of those are nicer than Jupiler!

Edited by Trufflehound

I spoke to Bryce Dessner from The National last night, before their gig in London and he said that the organisers were going to move their set from the Marquee to the Main Stage. We'll have to wait and see if that comes to fruition, but if so, it could many several bands shuffle up and down the line up between now and a month's time..

But if you've any spare time while you're there, nip into Hasselt and check out the Hemelrijk (On Hemelrijk 10, near the cathedral). It's actually an Italian restaurant, but unless they're full of diners you can usually just have a drink. They have well over 500 different beers, and I guarantee that all except the most challenged of palates will find at least 480 of those are nicer than Jupiler!