Pukkelpop 2010

Guest Semprini

It's quite nice to see it in the official colors. Now it's only a matter of time.

But Boys Noize v 2manydjs hurts, it hurts bad. Hopefully I can catch the first 30 min on the main and then haul ass to the boiler. But that means crappy spots for each. Especially the boiler. Getting in the tent could be a chore at that hour. Choices...

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also pretty gutted about missing Aeroplane. Aside from Netsky and Riva Starr, he's the only other DJ I really want to see in the Boiler this year. I think I'll probably nip out for 5/10 minutes during Hot Chip to see Aeroplane but in a ideal world it would be the full 90 minutes. Pendulum and Yeasayer is easily my worst clash though :( I saw Pendulum in 2008 and I know the atmosphere will be amazing but I haven't seen Yeasayer before and have been solidly listening to Odd Blood for a few months now. Think I'll watch the first bit of Pendulum and then hot foot it across to the Club for the last half an hour or so of Yeasayer. I'll then be in the right place to finish off with 2manydjs :D

What time will you be getting into Hasselt on the Wednesday Dave? We should be in our hotel by 4pm and will go for a meal in the town about 7ish. I fancy that Italian restaurant Trufflehound mentioned a couple of pages back that has over 500 beers on offer but will see when we get there. I'll be up for meeting for a beer or two before we eat. We'll then head to the site for about 9pm to get our wristbands and meet up with a few other people off the board.

Edit: I've just had a look on google maps and that restaurant (Hemelrijk) is pretty much next door to the Irish Times Pub. We'll make our way towards there on Wednesday and see where the beer takes us!!

Edited by Semprini

Yeah, just checked it out, only 2 streets away from our hotel. Can't remember it though. Tended to eat outside at the Drugstore (http://www.drugstorehasselt.be) on the square last year, here's hoping for 33 degrees weather again. We'll be well on our way by 4pm I'd imagine, as we land at Brussels (the proper Brussels this time, not Brussels South - Charleroi!) from Manchester at 9am. Nothing really grabs me from the line up until Maiden at half 8 so will probably get to the site for about 8 I'd imagine.

Which hotel are staying in? We're at the Holiday Inn Express and it's about a 10/15 minute walk to the station from there. We tend to get a taxi on the way in each day and use the shuttle bus to get home. Taxi's are 12 euros each way and a good option if there's a few of you to split the cost and you want to get there quickly.

As the big day approaches, a couple of question have occurred to me. Do I have to book a specific train with my e-ticket or not? Arriving in Antwerp at 11am but have no idea how long it would take to get to the station from the airport really, so don't want to book something too early, similarly don't want to be hanging round for hours. If it's an open ticket, it's not a problem though! Anyone done the journey from Antwerp would it matter which rail station I took from Antwerp?

Also, was thinking on having a mooch into Hasselt on maybe Friday morning, wondering if there's a swimming pool. Might be nice to go and have a shower, get all spruced up ready to face the weekend!

Cheers all!

I am a tad confused and was hoping one of you well-informed gents/ladies could help me out...

I bought a Pukkelpop ticket a good few months ago when it was 'arranged' me and my mates had chosen that as our summer fest. Due to many different complications it looks as though it may well a group of just me as my friends failed to get tickets in time. My question is this:

I am now considering selling my e-ticket on ebay but i don't understand how people are managing to do this as the e-ticket you print out has your name and passpor number on it does it not? how do people selling tickets overcome this problem??

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

As the big day approaches, a couple of question have occurred to me. Do I have to book a specific train with my e-ticket or not? Arriving in Antwerp at 11am but have no idea how long it would take to get to the station from the airport really, so don't want to book something too early, similarly don't want to be hanging round for hours. If it's an open ticket, it's not a problem though! Anyone done the journey from Antwerp would it matter which rail station I took from Antwerp?

Also, was thinking on having a mooch into Hasselt on maybe Friday morning, wondering if there's a swimming pool. Might be nice to go and have a shower, get all spruced up ready to face the weekend!

Cheers all!

I am a tad confused and was hoping one of you well-informed gents/ladies could help me out...

I bought a Pukkelpop ticket a good few months ago when it was 'arranged' me and my mates had chosen that as our summer fest. Due to many different complications it looks as though it may well a group of just me as my friends failed to get tickets in time. My question is this:

I am now considering selling my e-ticket on ebay but i don't understand how people are managing to do this as the e-ticket you print out has your name and passpor number on it does it not? how do people selling tickets overcome this problem??

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks Truff' we'll likely go for Antwerpen-Berchem simply because it seems closer to the airport and we'd end up travelling back through it from Central anyway. Staying in Antwerp (opposite the station) after the festival so I want to check out the station, looks spectacular. Seen the area around Centraal described as rough, but I'm pretty sure it's like any big city, as long as you are switched on you'l be fine.

Swimming info useful too, might have to go for a shower and a decent meal in Hasselt on the Friday morning.

thanks again!

well then,due to my unorganisation and temporary poverty back when the tickets came out i was only able to get a saturday ticket in time

this means im now in pursuit of a friday ticket to go with it.ive decided to jib the thursday as we wont arrive till late that evening so paying a price for a ticket wouldnt be worthwhile

so,firstly does anyone know of anywhere online other than ebay or gumtree where i may come by a ticket? i am now facing the prospect of paying over the odds, but my limit is about 120

also those who've been in previous years,are there many outside selling tickets?

Can I just add, I think that Pukkelpop might have gone a little bit mental. From TOS:

Do you wish to escape from the madding crowd? Would you like to be led into a disturbed world where nearly everything is possible? To the tune of the ‘Macarena’? Then Petit Bazar is the place for you to visit!

In Launderetto Stiletto exceptionally beautiful women will remove everything that has not been attached. And Jezus will be there too, for all the urgent, naughty questions. Are you in love, engaged or simply incredibly mad? In our Wedding Chapel no one will stop you from getting married.

And we’ll round off you visit (or start if you prefer) with a blow job.

Petit Bazar is one big happy but extremely crazy family! And we want you to join them

Edited by TheNewUnion

Can I just add, I think that Pukkelpop might have gone a little bit mental. From TOS:

Do you wish to escape from the madding crowd? Would you like to be led into a disturbed world where nearly everything is possible? To the tune of the ‘Macarena’? Then Petit Bazar is the place for you to visit!

In Launderetto Stiletto exceptionally beautiful women will remove everything that has not been attached. And Jezus will be there too, for all the urgent, naughty questions. Are you in love, engaged or simply incredibly mad? In our Wedding Chapel no one will stop you from getting married.

And we’ll round off you visit (or start if you prefer) with a blow job.

Petit Bazar is one big happy but extremely crazy family! And we want you to join them