Pukkelpop 2010

Guest Semprini

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I'm going to be booking tickets for this hopefully today, cannot WAIT! Just a couple of q's:

I don't think I'll be getting to the campsite until about 4pm on the Weds - I'm worried that this will be too late to get a good pitch, anyone want to shed some light on the campsite situation - is the queuing long? Does it really matter where you camp - how big is the campsite and am I likely to get a rubbish pitch?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I'm going to be booking tickets for this hopefully today, cannot WAIT! Just a couple of q's:

I don't think I'll be getting to the campsite until about 4pm on the Weds - I'm worried that this will be too late to get a good pitch, anyone want to shed some light on the campsite situation - is the queuing long? Does it really matter where you camp - how big is the campsite and am I likely to get a rubbish pitch?

Thanks!

I'm gutted now as I don't think I'll be able to go. I was gonna buy my flights when I get paid tomorrow through Ryanair (Glasgow Prestwick to Brussels) which were sitting at £12.99 outward and £7.99 return (plus luggage ofc), but now they've shot up to £63.65 outward and £29.99 return!

Any other suggestions as to how to get there as I'm not ready to give up hope!!

Right.... We have a problem. After a lazy start to the year, and booking NO festivals... We are looking at booking Pukkelpop but the major problem I have found (yes.. my fault) is that there's no longer accomadation available in Hasselt. I've check the usual suspects (Holiday Inn, Ibis, and Holiday Inn Express) but with no joy... Are there any other options?

Rgds

Jonathan

The only hotel that tends to have any rooms at this stage is the Radisson but you're probably looking at around 150 euros a night. Having said that, I stay at the Holiday Inn Express every year and last year they had spare rooms during the festival so it might be worth giving them a call direct to see if there's any availability. Failing that, the only other option is camping which is supposed to be alright.

A couple of new names have come in today via the official website. Bear in Heaven and Gonjasufi will both be playing in the Chateau, Thursday and Saturday respectively. The only downside of this is that Tame Impala have been removed from the line up, although their profile is still on the ABC listing. I'm pretty sure this happened with someone last year and their profile was then removed altogether a few days later. I was really looking forward to seeing them so fingers crossed they'll still play. The comedy line up for the Wablief? was also announced last week so fingers crossed we'll get a few more names in the next couple of weeks and then the timetable by the end of the month :D

I haven't ruled out attending this although I would need accommodation. Looks like there are still some rooms in Genk which is 12km from Hasselt. Could anyone advise how we could get back to Genk from the site each night?

Edited by vinny73

The gates open at 11am every day and the first bands start about 20 minutes later. It varies each day as to which of the stages start first but as a general rule it's usually the Marquee and Chateau. The music stops at 2am on Thursday and Friday and 1am on Saturday, although the Boiler Room goes on until 4am every night. It's impossible to say the exact time each stage will close until the timetable comes out though - for instance on Thursday last year Faith No More finished on the Main Stage at 12.50am and then My Bloody Valentine played the Marquee from 12.55-1.55am. Looking at this years line up and what we already know, it's very likely the Main Stage will finish after the Marquee every night.

Great effort with the clashfinder, it's nice to see where some of the bands and DJs will be over the weekend :D

Just a few things though that you might want to take into consideration if you make any adjustments. Provided the timetable follows a similar pattern to previous years, the Main Stage, Shelter and Chateau will all go against each other (bands on roughly the same time) and the Marquee, Dance Hall and Club will do the same. The named DJs in the Boiler will finish at 2am Thursday and Friday and 1am Saturday - they usually have local DJs playing the 2-4am or 1-4am slot, which they announce nearer the time. The Main Stage order on Friday will be Limp Bizkit, Eels, Snow Patrol, the Prodigy and then Bloody Beetroots. 2manydjs will also be closing the Main Stage on Saturday which means that Soulwax won't be playing last in the Dance Hall. You can also add Young Guns to the Shelter line up on Thursday and Fanfarlo have moved to the Chateau on Friday.

I was going to say in my previous post that I thought Iron Maiden would probably close the Main Stage on Thursday but there seems to have been a bit of confusion/change of mind by the promoters between them and Placebo. If you look at the blog for the first announcement, Maiden are the main band mentioned and were initially listed at the top of the poster for that day. A month or so later they changed the order round and put Placebo at the top but I suppose we'll just have to wait for the official timetable to come out to see what they decide.

As for Bloody Beetroots, the organiser (Chokri Mahassine) did an interview in a local paper a few days after they were announced to say they would be closing the Main Stage on Friday. He also listed the order for the rest of the Main Stage line up for Friday and that the xx and Kele would be playing in the Marquee.

Good work on the clashfinder, it's now looking very similar to how the real thing will probably end up :D

Veering wildly off topic, I was a-wondering what the shower facilities are like over there. Or, if it would be possible to head into Hasselt and use the facilities at the municipal swimming pool (I'm assuming they have a swimming pool in Hasslet)?

Cheers

Also, is there a decent selection of Veggie food at the fest (not a veggie but err on the side of Veggie at festivals. And, whilst on a questioning roll, is there a "market" at the festival like e.g. Glastonbury or to a lesser extent V/Reading, y'know army surplus, camping supplies hats etc etc

Thanks!