Large Acts & their fans

Guest SecretShame

Just read some of the comments on there. Good grief - I shall never moan about trivial issues on efests (such as 473 threads about the world cup :P) again.

Wow - they have ISSUES. :P But I can only smile at the "I've seen U2 seven times this year and it's not fair I can't see them eight times coz now they're playing at a smell hole which has sold out lolllzzzz innit' type threads.

Do you know the scariest part of the whole thing is? Such people are out there. They exist.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things spring to mind.

1) There are a fair few obsessives (all be it mainly friendly obsessives) on these boards (look at the post counts...)

2) Remember the reaction when ME said he'd make a certain percentage of tickets available to only students/youngsters? That possibility is a scaled down version of what these U2 fans are going through

3) It will be a shame if U2 fans get tickets in the resale and then leave on the Friday but that's their right. Loads of people seem to leave early on Sunday and we don't really give them a hard time.

Well seeing as I'm posting here a whole 209 days before the next festival (and, indeed, KNOW that it's 209 days until the next festival) I think I qualify too...

To be honest, having read through the first few pages of the thread on the U2 forum (dunno how anyone could last the distance on that one), it seems to me that the people who are upset are mostly annoyed because they've dropped 40 quid a year :P on a fanclub/website subscription in order to get ticket priority, and then found out that the band isn't doing any UK shows except one that they can't get tickets for.

Under those circumstances, I'd be pretty pissed off as well. Though I can't imagine ever dropping 40 quid a year just on the off chance of making ticket access easier. Not even for Glastonbury.

Just caught this thread, some of the comments on the U2 forum are excellent.

Outraged that things have changed, occasionally bickering with each other, but mostly fiercely protective of their faves.

They do remind me of some other people I've seen on forums......... Now if I could just think where?

J