The U2 warm up threads

Guest The Nal

If Bono strolled out on stage and said "Right we've got two hours, we've decided to play all of Joshua and Achtung straight through. This is called Zoo Station." I think I'd wet me keks.

I would not know whether to sober up quick or reach for the bottle !

I could not cope with that , I would go to pieces !

:P

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Zoo Station

2. Even Better Than the Real Thing

3. One

4. Until the End of the World

5. Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

6. So Cruel

7. The Fly

8. Mysterious Ways

9. Tryin’ to Throw Your Arms Around the World

10. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

11. Acrobat

12. Love Is Blindness

13. Where the Streets Have No Name

14. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

15. With or Without You

16. Bullet the Blue Sky

17. Running to Stand Still

18. Red Hill Mining Town

19. In God's Country

20. Trip Through Your Wires

21. One Tree Hill

22. Exit

23. Mothers of the Disappeared

:P:P:P:P

In God's Country

Would be so right for some lovely fields in Somerset !

Far more appropriate than when I saw em play it at Elland Road !

:P

In God's Country is an amazing track..I would love to hear it..also, a couple of their early tracks such as Out of Control and I Will Follow would be great too.

What's the chance of Gloria, New Year's Day, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday? Proper crowd pleasers from back in the day

I think they'd be really foolish to play anything other THAN proper crowd pleasers. New Year's Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday are pretty likely - in fact, I don't think i've ever been to a U2 show and NOT heard Sunday Bloody Sunday! I can cope with anything except 'Pride' which has started to make my sh*t itch, and I wouldn't be disappointed if I never heard 'One' live again

They're great live, but they'll never be a Pearl Jam type of band who can pull rarities out of the hat night after night after night. They have a set of songs that they've nailed and they play them well without deviating from the list - shame really when they have such a great back catalouge

Its what makes GF10 so interesting as a fan. They could come out and have fun. They could come out and (as I've dreamed) said "We've two hours - heres all of Achtung and Joshua - enjoy"... but they won't.

i reckon they know full well that they can't just come out and play their current tour offering. it will have to be something special, and they wouldn't be the first band to play an album in its entirety or simply play a kick arse best of extravaganza with special guests etc....

I have seen them numerous times since 1992, most recently at Wembley (where they were poor), and i just know that while under normal circumstances i would give this a miss, U2 at Glasto has legendary gig written all over it, so i can't wait.

Whats preventing them from playing their current tour offering? Theyre going to mate. Mark my words. There is a take-no-risks aspect to their aesthetic at the moment. You think theyre gonna leave anything to chance with no preparation time on live television?! Kidding me.

Why does one have to think its "cool to hate Bono and U2" to know that they are a dreary overblown rock band who haven't made a decent record in years?

I don't hate Boner or U2 they are just completely irrelevant to me.

I like (amongst others):

Autechre

Yo La Tengo

Carl Craig

Bass Clef

Richie Hawtin

Ricardo Villalobos

Claude VonStroke

Chromeo

Ellen Allien

F uck Buttons

Kraftwerk