Getting Fit for Glasto

Guest Storm_NL

Funkyfairy, I can't believe it! 3lb this week and hit 2 and a half stone loss without even realising it was in reach this week!!!

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Or am I just being my usual gullible self?

And there was me thinking I must get out daily in the run up to the first fest of the season.

Wow amazing - great work, and well done... you're flying through the pounds :P

My weigh day is Friday but I'll be away in Egypt scuba diving, so no weigh in for me this week, but will weigh the day I get back next week. Lets hope diving a few times a day gets rid of another few lbs.

Do you take measurements as well - I take them once a month, and have lost 5.5 inches from my hips -- great feeling

Have a good week and 'speak' next week x

I'm not getting fit for Glastonbury but i am going to use it as training for the Great North Run, in September, (half marathon).

I am running in aid of Research in to Child Cancer.

I reckon if i can get around the festival full of cider,wine and beer etc etc it will stand me in good stead. And as i am not in anyway a runner i will need all the help i can get.

If anyone would like to sponsor me, even if its just a pound, I and the children the charity supports would be most appreciative.

you could sponsor me at

http://www.justgiving.com/Ben-Mollo

P.S. sorry to use this forum as a plug for sponsorship

I'm not getting fit for Glastonbury but i am going to use it as training for the Great North Run, in September, (half marathon).

I am running in aid of Research in to Child Cancer.

I reckon if i can get around the festival full of cider,wine and beer etc etc it will stand me in good stead. And as i am not in anyway a runner i will need all the help i can get.

If anyone would like to sponsor me, even if its just a pound, I and the children the charity supports would be most appreciative.

you could sponsor me at

http://www.justgiving.com/Ben-Mollo

P.S. sorry to use this forum as a plug for sponsorship

f**kityf**kityf**k.

Just back from the clinic and I am now 18 and a half stone!!. (no don't laugh) That is a loss of 3 and a half stone in less than 2 months!! The dietician is increasing my calorie intact now as I am walking 10 miles a day and yoga etc.

My lard is still spilling out everywhere and my blood pressure tells me I am dead, but I am feeling pretty good and confident for meeting my target this year :P

edit: I walk at a decent pace btw. 10 miles takes me little over 2 and a half hours.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

f**kityf**kityf**k.

Just back from the clinic and I am now 18 and a half stone!!. (no don't laugh) That is a loss of 3 and a half stone in less than 2 months!! The dietician is increasing my calorie intact now as I am walking 10 miles a day and yoga etc.

My lard is still spilling out everywhere and my blood pressure tells me I am dead, but I am feeling pretty good and confident for meeting my target this year :P

edit: I walk at a decent pace btw. 10 miles takes me little over 2 and a half hours.

I try to do this every year without success....this year is different though!

I've lost 2 stone since the last festival, and aiming for another one before the gates open. Joined a gym 3 weeks ago, and loving the classes (Zumba is amazing!!). I've got a slight intollerance to starchy foods so it makes sense for me to have a low carb high protein diet....difficult to maintain long term, so I always allow myself some treats!

A big thing for me is just being comfortable, I was never made to be skinny! I want to enjoy having my photograph taken, the worst photographs are where you look uncomfortable, so as long as I've got a wee bit of confidence back then i'm happy.

Good luck everyone.

xxx

I'm riding my BMX on the London to Brighton bike ride for the BHF this year. It's on the 20th June so the Sunday before Glasto. Works out i get fit for both events :P

I may be inclined to ask you fine folks for some help with sponsorship if thats not too forward! :P

Hope everyone is getting on well with their fitness plans - the fine weather makes it so much easier to get motivated and get out and about!

I've done it. I finally joined the gym (having said I would for the past 3 months!)

Got to get as trim as poss to be able to squeeze lusciously into my corset and bloomers uniform for work with the Strumpets. :P

Got a months membership and plan on hitting it every day if at all possible (apart from weekends away).

Breakfast at the mo is corn cakes with a wee bit of peanut butter and sliced nana and lunch is a variation on oatcakes with a different topping or houmous and then a good meal in the evenings.

No alcohol in the week and bit at the weekends...hopefully.

Lets be strong this time eh LL? :P

I've done it. I finally joined the gym (having said I would for the past 3 months!)

Got to get as trim as poss to be able to squeeze lusciously into my corset and bloomers uniform for work with the Strumpets. :P

Got a months membership and plan on hitting it every day if at all possible (apart from weekends away).

Breakfast at the mo is corn cakes with a wee bit of peanut butter and sliced nana and lunch is a variation on oatcakes with a different topping or houmous and then a good meal in the evenings.

No alcohol in the week and bit at the weekends...hopefully.

Lets be strong this time eh LL? :P

I've lost 2 and a half stone since middle of November last year - also just signed up to run the london marathon next year in aid of breast cancer...I'm now 13.5 stone and feel brilliant for it - last Glasto, I was carrying that extra 2.5 stone and was knackered...not this year! x

Can't believe how well everyone is doing!! Gold stars all round with 2 gold stars going to:

Rufus

Smiley33

dvjj

Me...I think I need to stand in the corner in shame. Still haven't even managed to crack the 1/2 stone weight loss & I've been trying - admittedly not drastically though - since January. Recent birthdays haven't helped but really it's just down to poor willpower :P

Being positive though, my blood pressure is on its way down & there's still 7 weeks to go to Glastonbury - I can do it! (I hope..... :P )

Can't believe how well everyone is doing!! Gold stars all round with 2 gold stars going to:

Rufus

Smiley33

dvjj

Me...I think I need to stand in the corner in shame. Still haven't even managed to crack the 1/2 stone weight loss & I've been trying - admittedly not drastically though - since January. Recent birthdays haven't helped but really it's just down to poor willpower :P

Being positive though, my blood pressure is on its way down & there's still 7 weeks to go to Glastonbury - I can do it! (I hope..... :P )

Well done everyone :P

I am rubbish, lost 10 lbs end of last year and have put it all back on in 4 months :P

On the plus side, I gave up smoking. Now I'm over the cigs and summer is coming I must pull my finger out, I hate being wobbly :P

I hope it's not too late. I'm going to have another bike riding lesson this weekend. Embarrassing learning at 29 though!