Getting Fit for Glasto

Guest Storm_NL

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes eating less has anegative effect, what happens is your body goes into starvation mode. this basically means your body will store more fat from anything you consume.

and also as you exercise more your muscle mass will increase anyway, therefore a gain in weight.

best thing to do is 3 small meals a day PLUS mid morning/afternoon snacks and keep hydrated. and exercise everyother day.

keep at it :P

it normally takes about 15 mins to a half hour before your body will start to dip into your fat stores (in the nicest possible way).

to lose weight i really would recomend ramping it up a bit and walking further or maybe even jogging. it will soon start to come off.

it normally takes about 15 mins to a half hour before your body will start to dip into your fat stores (in the nicest possible way).

to lose weight i really would recomend ramping it up a bit and walking further or maybe even jogging. it will soon start to come off.

FINALLY...after months on inactivity (for many reasons...the main one being a total lazy git!)...and after a quick stint working in a kitchen where in only 3 weeks I managed to really bloat up...I blame the tasty yet very cream filled soups I was fed every day for lunch...

I am now working in a print warehouse and with no chance to stop for lunch and only able to grab a snack on the hoof while rushing between the big machinery, I am surviving nicely on just 4 oatcakes with some houmous and a handful of munchy seeds in the daytime. Brekky is granola or porridge and dinner is stir fries for the foreseeable time.

I am joining the gym tomorrow night (for a month initially) and now with the warmth, the sun and whilst still waiting to hear if I have a killer festival job which I definitly need to slim down for...if I get it, you'll all know soon enough what the job is and why I need to slim down :P I am now on a serious longawaited mish to lose all the bulk I gained whilst at barmy farming college.

Also seriously trying to avoid wheat based food items cos I really notice weight gain after even just a slice or two of bread!

Edited by LusciousLucy

It's good to see people wanting to get fit and keep in shape. If anyone needs or wants any help or advice I would be more than happy to help as I'm currently getting myself ready to apply to be an army physical training instructor, so I should be able to help.

Hmmm is there any way I can lose weight without cutting down on wine? Wine is my fave and so cheap here in Spain. I always find it's hard to find clear nutritional info on alcoholic drinks. I don't eat bad, I do drink lots of wine. I feel like it's my one vice and god knows we have to enjoy our lives! What I can do is increase the excercise from almost zero! Shame walking doesn't help as I love hillwalking. I do have easy access to a swimming pool. Need to lose a good 2 stone before Glasto.

Christ! It's not that long until the festival starts. Best get my arse into gear. This will be my first ever festival and I don't want to cringe when I see the photos.

Unfortunately, my year in America has taken its toll. Pizzas are just too cheap. Luckily, we get free gym membership here and the weather is nice enough to go out for a run (running out of excuses not to exercise).

Currently 14.5 (ish)stone and I really need to get down to 13 stone. I don't really look that heavy, since I'm quite broad and have a pretty big rib cage, it just comes down to confidence. I used to be really quite fit, playing rugby or football 3 or 4 times a week - university and drinking soon put an end to that though.

Good luck everybody!

FINALLY...after months on inactivity (for many reasons...the main one being a total lazy git!)...and after a quick stint working in a kitchen where in only 3 weeks I managed to really bloat up...I blame the tasty yet very cream filled soups I was fed every day for lunch...

I am now working in a print warehouse and with no chance to stop for lunch and only able to grab a snack on the hoof while rushing between the big machinery, I am surviving nicely on just 4 oatcakes with some houmous and a handful of munchy seeds in the daytime. Brekky is granola or porridge and dinner is stir fries for the foreseeable time.

I am joining the gym tomorrow night (for a month initially) and now with the warmth, the sun and whilst still waiting to hear if I have a killer festival job which I definitly need to slim down for...if I get it, you'll all know soon enough what the job is and why I need to slim down :P I am now on a serious longawaited mish to lose all the bulk I gained whilst at barmy farming college.

Also seriously trying to avoid wheat based food items cos I really notice weight gain after even just a slice or two of bread!