Getting Fit for Glasto

Guest Storm_NL

Despite a very minor injury earlier in the week, lost 3lbs in the last seven days :P

Thankfully the gym I use has been nice and quiet recently, take along the iPod and listen to some Bright Eyes/Laura Marling and the time flies past. Asides from work, if I've been going somewhere in town just walked it instead, again the trusty iPod always provides a suitable soundtrack :P

Edited by OneLittleFish

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, first week back at the gym and i've gained a pound :P

hoping it will level out in the long run, and i have eaten pretty atrociously this weekend. So target is now to lose approx 20lbs before glasto.

2 pump classes and 2 30 min runs for me last week (when i say run, i mean run-walk-run-walk, but everyone has to start somewhere, right?!)

- porridge, cauliflower soup and then probably a stir-fry for me today, no exercise, my kit is still wet. and i just can't be fussed today! might try and squeeze a walk in after work

wishing you all a fit and healthy week :P

• 3 weeks later...

The plan's beginning to flag a bit, so spent a fiver on Paul McKenna's book/cd set - kind of 'eat what you want, when you need it' plan, helps you get motivated to actually head to the gym and that, visualise things to make it easier to lose weight.

It's a lot of common sense, it's also the first proper book I've bought regarding it other than just eating healthier and exercising more.

Actually, Click here - Amazon Marketplace has copies from £2.80, I've found it to be very good so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Well so far I seem to be following the pattern of losing & gaining the same 1lb :P Was starting to get a little down hearted as have been exercising 5-6 times a week but then I remembered to check my waist measurement - have managed to lose 6cms in the last 6 weeks! :P

Come on everyone - we can do it!

My friend Estella is a Muay Thai Fighter she fought out in Rome last November for Great Britain got a bronze medal, so I know how fit you have to get, good luck with that.

The pool in Guys is 35 a month or £100 3 months how much is Fitness 1st and has it a pool? :P

Right I'm in.

I am 40 years old in 39 weeks time, so one week ago set myself the target of losing 40 pounds by me birthday. 1 week in, 3 pounds gone...but this is going to be the easy bit. Walking to the station (just over a mile) instead of driving, and snacking on cherry tomatoes rather than chocolate so far. Will have to step it up shortly though...

Right I'm in.

I am 40 years old in 39 weeks time, so one week ago set myself the target of losing 40 pounds by me birthday. 1 week in, 3 pounds gone...but this is going to be the easy bit. Walking to the station (just over a mile) instead of driving, and snacking on cherry tomatoes rather than chocolate so far. Will have to step it up shortly though...

I'm definitely in.

I've been doing crunches every morning for the past week or so, and have promised myself a healthier diet from now on. I had a Burger King for lunch today, and that was the ENDDDD of my terrible diet.

I'm glad there are no pictures of me from last year's festival, because my holiday pictures from a couple of weeks afterwards reaaaaally show that I shouldn't have been wearing as little as I was :P

Update from me - 7 weeks into Weightwatchers now and 18lb gone. Gym 4 times and week and really noticing the difference.

My gym ipod shuffle has just Glastonbury music on it (bands I saw last year or who are rumoured this year) - that keeps me working hard in the gym

Keep going everyone xx

On top of the cm loss, have now started losing some weight too! Is only 2lbs but it's a start! :P

Mind you after the weekend I've just had - pizza, ice cream, cake, chocolate, biscuits (I was visiting a friend for the weekend for whom healthy eating is an unknown) - I imagine it will go back on & then some! :P

Time for a very long walk now I think........