Getting Fit for Glasto

Guest Storm_NL

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<recipe>

Glad you enjoyed it. :P

With my bad knee and no walking to keep fit I managed to Stay the same this week, a little disappointed but... I did my measuremnts and have lost a few more CM so not totally discouraged... :P

Weighed in Monday and lost 3 pounds in the past 10 days.

Small progress...but progress.

Plus, I walked 4 miles on Satuday with a light pack and boots on...so, I'll hopefully be able to handle the walking better, even if the pounds aren't all gone.

Off to the gym again tonight.

Well done again everyone, and thanks for all the responses you are all really hlping me to stay at it :P

I'd like to thank you guys for all your motivating posts over the last few months, I started training in Jan after seeing this thread and have managed to drop from 14 st 11 (my heaviest ever) to 12 stone 8 (my lightest in 10 years)it been a hard slog but I've can honestly say I've never felt so good!! Thanks again guys and girls see you at glasto !!!

Grats to everyone who has been putting in the effort and seeing the rewards.

My pre-glasto fitness regime will start this weekend, I usually try to get plenty of walking and climbing in the weeks leading up to glasto, have left it a little late this year :|

Weigh day for me today and put on 2lb - gggrrr... but had a great weekend last weekend and no excercise due to being ultra busy this week

Back on it big time, and hoping to lose again next week, hopefully just a minor blip !

I wondered if any of you kind people could help me, I would like to tone up my legs for Glasto (as it will be sunny enough to wear shorts) I know about squats and I go on my crosstrainer or do an exercise DVD 4 times a week, but I wondered if there was anything else I could do that could help!

Any advice will be gratefully received! x x

I wondered if any of you kind people could help me, I would like to tone up my legs for Glasto (as it will be sunny enough to wear shorts) I know about squats and I go on my crosstrainer or do an exercise DVD 4 times a week, but I wondered if there was anything else I could do that could help!

Any advice will be gratefully received! x x

Lunges and lying adductor raises are great for this

---

Lying Adductor Raise -- Begin by lying down on your right side. Bring your left leg over your right leg, keeping it bent at a 90-degree angle with your left foot planted firmly on the floor. Keeping your right leg straight, slowly raise it as high as possible. Contract your inner thigh and return to the start position. After finishing the desired number of repetitions, turn over and repeat the process on your left. For added intensity, strap on ankle weights.

---

Well, after last weeks stay the same I knew I had to lose this week, was expecting 2 or 3 lbs but no...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

5lb!! YAY!! Took me over the three stone barrier!! I have now lost a grand total of 3 stone and 3lb!

Well, after last weeks stay the same I knew I had to lose this week, was expecting 2 or 3 lbs but no...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

5lb!! YAY!! Took me over the three stone barrier!! I have now lost a grand total of 3 stone and 3lb!

Wow wow wow - thats amazing. I am totally stuck on 2 stone and 2lb...... probably due to alcohol consumption :-)

Hopeing for a better week this week ......

I Didnt know this thread existed till now.

I was pretty tired and upset last year due to all the extra fat i was carrying around and it did have a big effect on my overall energy levels throughout the festi. That being well remembered this year i started dieting and a small fitness regime about 13 days ago. it runs something like this:

up in the morning

glass of warm bioled water

40 minute workout on the rowing machine (no stopping)

then cereal and fruit.

upto 6 meals during the day of about 300 cals (total low carb intake)

A second workout about 4-5 hours ofter the first to keep my metabolism fired up.

No eating after 8 pm.

i searched about on the net for low carb/ fat busting routines and made this on up to suit me. Since i started ive lost a solid stone of fat as ive put on quite a bit if muscle matter from the HIT rowing. i intend to keep this going and see if i cant shed another stone before d-day. <_<

Is this something im gonna keep up? well probably not as diligently but i am realy enjoying all the extra energy lately, so i think it will shape my future eating routines to come!

(ps have'nt slowed my alcohol intake one bit!) :D

Edited by Topless Skateboarding Nun

Just 1/2lb this week but after losing 5lb last week i was surprised to lose any :D