Weather thread 2010

Guest remote

Metcheck.

If you look at this week at Glastonbury starting from today and ending next wednesday - it shows Wednesday as OK - cloudy but OK.

If you look at the page they have set up with a Glastonbury specific week strting on the 23rd - it shows it chucking it down on Wednesday.

Conclusive proof if it were needed that metcheck are either idiots or pisstakers or both.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't go back then - they're therefore irrelevant. I just want ONE scorcher before I bow out. Just one. It's not too much to ask.

Anyway - that Netweather 'torrential' forecast - look here - clicky - this is the 16 day forecast using data taken earlier this morning which is a huge difference from the festival specific forecast.

Which tells me one of four things:

1. The festival-specific forecast is bollocks

2. The Glastonbury-specific forecast is bollocks

3. They're both bollocks and we should wait for more detailed JACKONE info

4. The festival site will experience completely different conditions to a small town a few miles away.

I'm going for 3 right now, and will ignore both forecasts.

If you had a choice between England winning the World Cup combined with torrentional rain and floods at Glasto Vs. England crashing out in the first round but beautiful sunshine for the 5 days which would be preferable?

If you had a choice between England winning the World Cup combined with torrentional rain and floods at Glasto Vs. England crashing out in the first round but beautiful sunshine for the 5 days which would be preferable?

I am seriously worried about the attitude of some people on here!

"I would settle for light drizzle". f**k you!

"I wouldn't mind a few clouds" Die!

"I don't want it too hot, think of the dust" Man up f**ktards.

These people are like someone getting married having cold feet. If I am not admitted to the medical tent at Glasto dying of heatstroke, turned blue of asphyxiation from a dust cloud, i'll be severely peeved.

I am all for freedom of speech and hate censorship, but LW really needs admin rights to remove the negative weather comments on this thread, like a doctor burning away genital warts.

No R**n, No Cl***s, No M*d, No Compromise!!!!!!

Admittedly, I may of been drunk when reading this, but I'm sure fairly recently there were some articles about how China can now prevent it from raining? Some sort of spray they put into the clouds?

Would it not be advisable for someone to give them a quick call and see if we can book them for a few days in June?!

Admittedly, I may of been drunk when reading this, but I'm sure fairly recently there were some articles about how China can now prevent it from raining? Some sort of spray they put into the clouds?

Would it not be advisable for someone to give them a quick call and see if we can book them for a few days in June?!

Dear warm-weather lovers,

I have decided to relinquish my position as chief rain-hater. It has become apparent to me that others are willing to take the cause to levels I simply cannot, to my great surprise.

The point in question was "World Cup win v Scorcher - decide."

Now, I would sacrifice permanent ear and brain damage by allowing Kasabian onsite. I would even consider spending more than 5 minutes in the company of pogo, but everyone has a limit, even a radical sun-worshipper like myself. But - I simply cannot choose a scrocher over England winning the World Cup. It's not possible - it's like being told to choose between your children. Other posters rapid response to this question have driven me to the conclusion that they hate the rain/love the sun more than I, so I would feel myself unworthy to lead them in their fight against oppression.

Also, I cannot ever fathom leaving the site before at least late on Sunday evening purely because of the weather as others have suggested.

I maintain my stance that a wet festival is NOT a bad festival, merely far, far inferior to a festival with pleasant, warm weather.

I would like to express my thanks and gratitude to my fellow sun-lovers, and my regret that I have to stand down, but in the name of NO RAIN, NO COMPROMISE I feel it is for the best.

I will carry on campaigning for the movement as we approach final straight towards the festival.

May JACKONE bless us all with sunburn hell.

I have been,

Your friend and comrade.

LW

we have it here as well (Moscow). Before a big bank holiday/ military parade, these planes go up and scatter chenicals which disperse rain clouds. It's proper f**king mental. Unfortunately it f**ks up the surround weather patterns so all the towns surrounding Moscow get pissed on. Not sure this would help ME get his license renewed next time...:)

I have decided to relinquish my position as chief rain-hater. It has become apparent to me that others are willing to take the cause to levels I simply cannot, to my great surprise.

Now, I would sacrifice permanent ear and brain damage by allowing Kasabian onsite. I would even consider spending more than 5 minutes in the company of pogo, but everyone has a limit, even a radical sun-worshipper like myself. But - I simply cannot choose a scrocher over England winning the World Cup. It's not possible - it's like being told to choose between your children. Other posters rapid response to this question have driven me to the conclusion that they hate the rain/love the sun more than I, so I would feel myself unworthy to lead them in their fight against oppression.

Also, I cannot ever fathom leaving the site before at least late on Sunday evening purely because of the weather as others have suggested.

I maintain my stance that a wet festival is NOT a bad festival, merely far, far inferior to a festival with pleasant, warm weather.

I would like to express my thanks and gratitude to my fellow sun-lovers, and my regret that I have to stand down, but in the name of NO RAIN, NO COMPROMISE I feel it is for the best.

I will carry on campaigning for the movement as we approach final straight towards the festival.

I have been,

Your friend and comrade.

LW

I have been,

Your friend and comrade.

LW

Sorry for making your position unsust®ainable. I shall endeavour to reign in such silly, hypothetical questions in future. Your reaction seems akin to a storm in a teacup.

Resume your reign

I have been,

Your friend and comrade.

LW

Untrue. 2007 - shite weather for months beforehand, shite weather at Glastonbury.

I am confident that we're not going to see a repeat of that.

We want a repeat of 1995 - apparently. Not that I was there. So I call for 1995 Mk II please.