Did I go to a different festival to everyone else here?

Guest grumpyhack

I had a lovely festival, met and chatted to some great people and saw some good music.

The flush toilets where we camped were spotless to the end. I had no hassle from security, young lads, old people or anyone else.

We pitched our tents without trouble, just about fitted everyone in and had no problems with noisy neighbours.

I didn't meet anyone who was inconsiderate but met a lot of friendly, helpful, kind people.

Reading all the moans and complaints I'm beginning to wonder if I went to a different festival to everyone else.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a lovely festival, met and chatted to some great people and saw some good music.

The flush toilets where we camped were spotless to the end. I had no hassle from security, young lads, old people or anyone else.

We pitched our tents without trouble, just about fitted everyone in and had no problems with noisy neighbours.

I didn't meet anyone who was inconsiderate but met a lot of friendly, helpful, kind people.

Reading all the moans and complaints I'm beginning to wonder if I went to a different festival to everyone else.

When you're living in such close proximity to so many other people there are bound to be times when what other people do irritate you, there are a few things that put a downer on the festival but they are outweighed a hundred times by the good stuff, you've got to take the rough with the smooth. Overall I had a great, practically perfect festival.

You'd have to be the most tolerant person in the world to spend 5 days in a big field with 150,000 people high on life, drinks, and drugs and the odd scally thrown and not find at a few things that piss you off. But the amount of people who are on here moaning like they'd spent a week roughing it in inner city broken Britain is pathetic.

I for one was glad to see the return of a much younger crowd, but at the same time a crowd that loved their music and on the whole was there for a good time.

Someone tried to break into our tent saturday night, it happens, that many people in one place and your bound to get oppurtunistic thieves and people drunk or high that do anti-social things.

Once again me and the wife, and my parents who are both 60 this year and our big group of friends had the best 5 days of the year.

Flags.....chairs......litter......teens having fun.........hard life isnt it!!!

I think I went to the same festi as you GH, but I didn't see you there... had been hoping to meet you.

I'm not sure what all the moaning is about on here. I'm glued to the boards cos I don't yet want to let go of the weekend, but all the negativity is (thankfully) at odds with what it was like at the festival.

the festival was probably one of the most single awesome festivals ive been to ever but i have a pet hate of camping chairs

i persoanlly all the moans stem from the horrendous time people had getting there and losing up to a day. it really took its toll on me personally and left me unsettled until friday.

had it been plain sailing i think people woulda coped with the other bits with no problems.

but it seemed like 1 thing after another.

I had the best weekend of my life ;) It was my first Glasto and nothing will ever compare to it, the festivals I've done before fade into insignificance in comparison. I walked miles and miles and miles and every turn was a new discovery, something else to make me smile. The colours, the people, the myriad of different art forms, the weird and wonderful, the fun and the peacefulness. I spent time with some amazing people, both mates and people I've never met before. I felt right at home in the Green Fields, marvelled at the sculptures and visual arts, learned a little about different lifestyles, tried new food, saw some great bands and bumped into two stars :) What more could anyone want?