Did I go to a different festival to everyone else here?

Guest grumpyhack

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also surprised at some of the negative comments. I thought this year was one of the best ever and I loved the line-up. I had broken my phone and therefore lost touch with most of my friends and spent a lot of the festival wandering around by myself but had a fantastic time. Everyone I met was lovely and I made new friends. I danced to ska, folk, rock, salsa and all sorts of music and saw some excellent acts in the circus fields and cabaret tent. I know it can take forever to get there and back but I don't really care..its the best five days of the year!

I had a lovely festival, met and chatted to some great people and saw some good music.

The flush toilets where we camped were spotless to the end. I had no hassle from security, young lads, old people or anyone else.

We pitched our tents without trouble, just about fitted everyone in and had no problems with noisy neighbours.

I didn't meet anyone who was inconsiderate but met a lot of friendly, helpful, kind people.

Reading all the moans and complaints I'm beginning to wonder if I went to a different festival to everyone else.

I had a lovely festival, met and chatted to some great people and saw some good music.

The flush toilets where we camped were spotless to the end. I had no hassle from security, young lads, old people or anyone else.

We pitched our tents without trouble, just about fitted everyone in and had no problems with noisy neighbours.

I didn't meet anyone who was inconsiderate but met a lot of friendly, helpful, kind people.

Reading all the moans and complaints I'm beginning to wonder if I went to a different festival to everyone else.

I had an absolute blast, with no problem other than occasionally losing the newbies I was with and the fecking O2 network! :D .

The toilets at the bottom of the park field were truly shocking though and due to the proximity of the taps, the 'drinking' water was more chlorinated than your average swimming pool. I now know why I normally camp over in big ground just below worthy farm where the facilities are much better but where are the flush toilets?! :)

These are very minor gripes however, and I don't know why people choose to moan chapter and verse so much: maybe it's their state of mind after it's over?!

Can't they just rejoice that they've just been to the best party on the planet?!

See ya all in 2010! :D:):):)

As usual I loved it, I have had some amazing times over the years some better than others for different reasons.

I feel seriously depressed today this time last week I was waking up in a daze and jumping out of the tent after about 2 hrs sleep cos it was so hot.

I feel like I need to round all the people up who I went with and have a night out or something, it aint going to happen and sadly this time I am left to reflect on my own. Glasto Blues have kicked in big time.

I absolutely had an amazing time. Hadn't been for 19 years - since having children and instantly regretted leaving it so long to return. Always promised we would take the girls when they were young but only got to take them now they are 18 and 15.

Loved all the amazing things to see and do - fantastic music, great atmosphere, lovely food and so much more.

That first Wednesday evening watching the sun set over the site whilst sitting in Flagtopia was a really emotional moment and I can't wait for 2010.

I had a great festival apart from a silly bint who kicked off with us during Tom Jones cos when my mate slightly stood on her cow print blanket while dancing. Apparently we were anti social and never should have been allow in Glastonbury.

Of course her two metre cow print blanket on the ground and huge flag with houngh written on it that she could not control was really social!!!

[aol] Me too [/aol]

Blatantly plagiarising ME, this was the Best Year Ever TM ... well second best if I'm being totally honest cos nothing can ever beat the very first Glasto no matter what the weather, line-up or anything else might be. Not knowing quite what to expect and finding yourself arriving at Glasto for 5 days the first time is a one-off never to be had again stylee experience and all that.

I've never felt the need for a several day trek to find the flushers when there are so many conveniently placed and totally clean longdrops dotted around tho :angry: and I'm proud to say that I've never been close enough to a turdis to know exactly what colour they are never mind find out what untold mysteries lie within either :angry:

Edited by mikeb

I had my best festival ever although "losing" Wednesday was an utter ball-ache and despite my best mate claiming he was "gonna have it" this year, he was in bed by half 12 every night except Wednesday (when we only got there at 10!) and went home halfway through Blur even though he wasn't back in work until Wednesday - miserable git!

Only gripes I have were the traffic getting in and the fact that a few people I was with moaned a few times. If you're going to see Springsteen and only know Born to Run and Dancing in the Dark, don't moan 3/4 of the way through that you don't know any songs and that you'd rather have seen Franz Ferdinand!

Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant, had a great time with lovely family group ranging from 26 to 57 years.

Suprised how many posts on here are moans.

Maybe good if all those with complaints stayed away next year as it was such a bad experience for them eg chairs, flags, litter, children, prices, day trippers etc etc