Realistic wishlist for 2010?

Guest VCK

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard from somewhere that one band will play from each of the 40 year will be on the pyramid stage for the 40th anniversery! But i might be wrong as i cant remeber where i saw it! :(

We chatted about this on the way home. Out of all REALISTIC artists that I haven't seen that could do it next year, there's only really Bowie that I would be truly excited to watch.

Surely Radiohead have to be already booked and then I presume Coldplay and U2 must be doing it so there's the pyramid, but again Bowie for me

I think with so many big artists being mentioned then I think The Park Stage will come forward to being a realistic BIG third stage with the great views from the hill. And there's always the big area in front of the Jazz stage that rarely gets used except for the odd name

Another 2010 thread? Use the search function, people. :(

Anyway, I'll contribute. Realistically?

Coldplay

Eric Clapton

Elbow

Arcade Fire

I Am Kloot

The Bees

Mark Knopfler

And suggestions made in the first of many 2010 threads ( :( ):

The Cars

ZZ Top

I made a decision, that for me, the unexpeted, the random, the trash city, shangti la, arcadia, the green fields, all of that are better than any headliner and, unless it's Prince, I'm almost certainly never going to see another headliner in (hopefully) many more years of going to glasto.

Muse would be nice

Bowie, a must?

Scissor Sisters? They associated themselves with the festival/lost vagueness

We have had the Specials, how about Fun Boy 3?

ZZ Top, I like the idea.

Iron Maiden maybe?

Leonerd Cohen?

Arcade Fire? or have they peaked?

U2, The Stones (rolling or roses) and Led Zeppelin must be down as the "we can only dream" candidates, but we said that about Bruce Springsteen for years so could happen. I'd put Daft Punk and KLF in that category (though I expect the KLF to do something next year, being 23 years since they entered the music business ).

Other than that, Dreadzone, Alabama 3 and a few old festival favorites (Rolf on the other stage?) are Primal scream out of the sinbin yet? No doubt Jack White will be there (with yet another band)

Could Kylie finally show up?

I hope not radiohead/coldplay

Arcade Fire

Radiohead

U2

is my prediction for next years headliners.

The Rolling Stones instead of U2 would be my ideal 3 though I think - would feel a bit of a shame to watch all 3 Pyramid stage headliners though.

Off the top of my head: M.I.A, Super Furry Animals, Aphex Twin, Jeff Mills, Manic Street Preachers, Quantic Soul Orchestra, Michael Franti and Spearhead and Weezer I'd love to see play next year - all are possible I think. Oh, and The Libertines!! and Nick Cave again......

I think the Stones would be amazing but I have a feeling as they have said they will have an act from every one of the 40 years the 3 headliners will be bands who have played before. My chocie would be

Friday - Coldplay

Sat - Rolling Stones

Sunday - A reformed Stone Roses