Are glasvegas even big enough now?

Guest DR OK

To headline the NME stage? I mean they were reasonably big last summer and autumn but do they even get airtime anymore on the radio? Or is this just me hoping that someone decent will actually headline the NME with Glasvegas below them? Cause i swear white lies are bigger than Glasvegas these days.

Maybe being playe don the radio more, but not necassarily 'bigger'. For example Arctic Monkeys aren';t on the radio much either at the moment but certainly are bigger than Glasvegas. It's down to how many fans really, not radio play or NME appearances.

Although I personally don't think they're bg enough anyway.

I get what you're saying but I'm certain in my own mind that they will headline. They haven't gotten dramaticly bigger since last years festival, back then they were very hyped up but now the hype has died down completely and by August, unless they put some new material out, then they will be even less hyped. They don't have that much material to draw upon either.

I think they've got some songs that show great potential and are really good (especially Geraldine), but a lot of album fillers too. I saw them live and they put on the most intense strobe lighting show I've ever seen, oh and their drummer is hilarious :lol:

Edited by inspectedinspector

To headline the NME stage? I mean they were reasonably big last summer and autumn but do they even get airtime anymore on the radio? Or is this just me hoping that someone decent will actually headline the NME with Glasvegas below them? Cause i swear white lies are bigger than Glasvegas these days.

Personally I don't think they're particularly huge, or even have that big a devoted following, but they'd still be an enjoyable alternative to some of the other stuff we have rumored to be playing high, I'd see them over AM or KOL. Though I'm always dubious of headliners who only have one album.

This is an interesting thread. I am a fan of Glasvegas, I think their album is great. However I too think that unless they release some more material by August (which let's face it is doubtful) that they are not popular or big enough to headline...they probably will but I think for now their ship has sailed.

The Christmas ep was ok but not wonderful and the last time I saw them live they were actually quite boring.

I don't think they should headline..not this year.

They may go for White Lies instead.

Edited by ALLHALLOWS

I hate it when people say a band has got less popular because they arent being played on the radio. The reason glasvegas and arcic monkeys arent being played is because they havent released any singles recently. Glasvegas pushed a hug eband like metallica close in the race for a number 1 album. You dont sell that many records if you arent big. I dont like glasveagas and wouldnt watch them but i think some people are using the fact they dont particulalrly like them to underestimate their popularity.

This was their set list last year

'Flowers And Football Tops'

'Lonesome Swan'

'It's My Own Cheating Heart That Makes Me Cry'

'Polmont On My Mind'

'Geraldine'

'Go Square Go'

'Daddy's Gone'

in my opinion those are the best songs on the album (which was released a month after this), the other three are rubbish. The only other songs they have released since the album are all christmas themed so it would be a bit strange for them to play those (although I know they play a couple)

In other words they shouldn't headline the NME tent but will.