Are glasvegas even big enough now?

Guest DR OK

Yeah, Interpol were pretty hyped by NME at the time, though only because they were from the right place (new york) at the right time. I personaly think Glasvegas are better than white lies, they are more original.

I'd choose them over KOL or Arctic Monkeys. I appreciate this doesnt add much to the discussion, as I could still be the only person in the tent.

They like to have a band like that headline and I can't think of anyone in a similar position, so it will be interesting to see what happens, I would have thought they were as big as the Cribs though

Ah ok, didn't really notice at the time, never really read NME. I've really tried to get into Glasvegas, but really don't get it. And when the guy made an appearance on Buzzcocks he acted like an absolute twirp. I agree that White Lies are pretty derivative of a few bands, but at least they have some decent influences (The Cure, The Chameleons, Sisters of Mercy etc)

why people actually like white lies is baffling to me, they're imo, possibly the most derivitive band ever.

PLEASE take the time to look up a band called fear of flying, even if you just google image it, its the band all the members of white lies were in, before white lies.

you take a look at that band and tell me again that their influences really are "the cure, the chameleons, sisters of mercy etc."

they're a manufactured act, dressing, singing, playing, like that to sell records, and they've done well

the posh twats.

but yeah, go for the real MUCH MUCH better stuff, aka, joy division.

EDIT: here they are pre-white lies

Edited by tylerdurden

why people actually like white lies is baffling to me, they're imo, possibly the most derivitive band ever.

PLEASE take the time to look up a band called fear of flying, even if you just google image it, its the band all the members of white lies were in, before white lies.

you take a look at that band and tell me again that their influences really are "the cure, the chameleons, sisters of mercy etc."

they're a manufactured act, dressing, singing, playing, like that to sell records, and they've done well

the posh twats.

the posh twats.

nope.

they thought: "shit! were not getting f**king anywhere being like this, lets be like this"

not genuine 1980's heroine addicted cure fans putting cigs out on there chest and not washing their hair for 2 weeks.

i just invented that stereotype, i'm not any of that nor is anyone i know.

or they had ties to a record company and an exec informed them on how to be in order to get noticed.

happened to a band called the dead 60's who used to be totally obscure and some record company dude told them to change there name/sound blah blah and signed them up

Edited by tylerdurden