2nd Headliner

Guest yayrickwaller

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not entirely true, If I remember correctly (I apologise if not), your BB King 'strong rumour' for Glastonbury is (or at least was when added) just an educated guess based on tour dates. I'm not saying that you won't turn out correct, but surely if you only put up rumours based on sources then this should only be a 'rumour' or not on the list at all.

That's not entirely true, If I remember correctly (I apologise if not), your BB King 'strong rumour' for Glastonbury is (or at least was when added) just an educated guess based on tour dates. I'm not saying that you won't turn out correct, but surely if you only put up rumours based on sources then this should only be a 'rumour' or not on the list at all.

The BB King is based on more than the tourdates, I assure you. I might have stated what you say, but there's always been more to it than just that - I don't necessarily disclose everything to the nth degree.

Well the editors have sold far more records in the uk than the offspring in recent years, 2 consecutive platinum albums doesnt lie. Offspring dont really shift many records in this country anymore. I think 3rd headliner would be fair considerign they do have some history but 2nd is too high for them now in my opinon.

Hello (hello again if anyone remembers me)

Surely, the cure are too big for 2nd headliners or a tent. I mean it is possible (as we saw with the manics last year) but IMO i cant see it

The Morrissey idea sounds substantial would add a bit of age to a young line up and it's been a while since he played.

If R&L got blink that would be a great pull but i'm sure their reunion announcement came too late and they are trying to get them for next year already.

Nice to be back.

Well the editors have sold far more records in the uk than the offspring in recent years, 2 consecutive platinum albums doesnt lie. Offspring dont really shift many records in this country anymore. I think 3rd headliner would be fair considerign they do have some history but 2nd is too high for them now in my opinon.

• 2 weeks later...

I know there was no Offspring announcement last night...

but I was reading the Interview with Neil Pengelley and he said;

'announce two Radio 1 stage headliners that are both huge rock acts'

One is Welsh and the Offspring aren't Welsh...

Surely that does leave the possibility of the Offspring as the other 2nd stage headliner

Which might have been what Melvin Benn meant, but I interpretted as '2nd on the main stage'. Kaiser Cheifs, The Prodigy and Bloc Party are definately not UK exclusives either...

Surely that does leave the possibility of the Offspring as the other 2nd stage headliner

Which might have been what Melvin Benn meant, but I interpretted as '2nd on the main stage'. Kaiser Cheifs, The Prodigy and Bloc Party are definately not UK exclusives either...

Am I missing something here? :rolleyes:

I don't mind Bowling for Soup or anything but they're hardly the sort of band who'll should headline the lock up, they're pretty much a joke of a band.

Would prefer them low mainstage. Rise Against would be alright as lock up headliners too but again I hope they're mainstage :/.

There's nothing wrong with a band that dont take themselves too seriously, BFS are easily as big as RBF, NFG and others who have headlined the stage in the past, they've got some good tunes and are great live, so I don't see why not.

I don't really "get" Rise Against personally which is why I don't want them as lock-up headliners.