2nd Headliner

Guest yayrickwaller

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offspring are much bigger than Lostprophets! It's important to remember the history of Offspring at Reading, they are one of the most popular bands to have played since I started going. Surely not everyone of my age has stopped going?
Edited by Lithium05

Depends how old you are :(

Completely agree though, also they don't tour much so that adds to their ability to draw a crowd. Plus the set they played at Download last year was quality:

(This isn't from memory by the way, got it on my ipod after someone posted it on the DL forums)

Bad Habit

All I want

Come out and play

Hammerhead

Million Miles away

Walla Walla

Gone Away

Have you Ever

Staring at the Sun

Gotta Get Away

Want you Bad

You're gonna go far kid

Hit That

Americana

Pretty Fly

Half-Truism

Kids aren't alright

Can't get my head around you

What happened to you

Self esteem

A lot of people complained that all they did was just bash through the songs, but with a set like that does it matter? Also I'm fairly sure that list prooves beyond a shadow of a doubt they're big enough to play second.

They've been considered "likely" to be there for the last four years now.

I might even take them off of my prediction list., I mean, it's March now, they have said they're doing a U.S. tour this year but haven't announced any dates (meaning that won't start till at least June, although it could be at the end of the year) but there haven't been many noises about a European tour beyond "well they haven't properly promoted the new album yet". This is The Offspring, they work at a tenth of the speed of normal bands. Expect the RAFRAG tour to come to these shores in 2011.

I hold my hands up, i was wrong! (i so rarely am though...) Someone said they werent there, i checked the list of delegates, the list of companies and none of those were galbriath, mb or festival republic.

Seems like unless the OP is a very very weird person, in that they went to this thing, met the people and then lied, or that they saw the website, saw the both of the guys were talking and then made up a rumour off the back of it, then this has a very good chance.

Even so, i made offspring have a high probability on the strictlyreading rumours page.

I hold my hands up, i was wrong! (i so rarely am though...) Someone said they werent there, i checked the list of delegates, the list of companies and none of those were galbriath, mb or festival republic.

Seems like unless the OP is a very very weird person, in that they went to this thing, met the people and then lied, or that they saw the website, saw the both of the guys were talking and then made up a rumour off the back of it, then this has a very good chance.

Even so, i made offspring have a high probability on the strictlyreading rumours page.

Not now im editing it...

everything thats a medium rumour is generally a joke. But everything high and very high is a serious rumour with a decent amount of intelligence. Works much better than efests has this year.

you're not trying to talk yourself up, are you? :):):D

Strictly Reading is the website that was stating the headliners were booked when they weren't. So they know absolutely f**k all. :)

Plus you have to hang out with that cock RockTwat. How many hail marys does he make you do in his direction each and every day? :D:)

Lets try again then

Alternative-----------Indie---------------Sunday :D

KOL----------------------AM-------------Radiohead

Lost Prophets-----Kaiser Chiefs-------The Offspring

----------------------The Kooks?--------Janes Addiction?

Edited by gr4h4m

Well its similar to whats be rumoured i wouldnt be suprised at all. Just because they wanted Green Day then couldnt get them so went back to radiohead. Offspring could have been signed around the time they thought they had green day as Offspring into Green day would have made alot of sense.

you're not trying to talk yourself up, are you? :D:):D

Strictly Reading is the website that was stating the headliners were booked when they weren't. So they know absolutely f**k all. :rolleyes:

Plus you have to hang out with that cock RockTwat. How many hail marys does he make you do in his direction each and every day? :):blink:

Edited by benisright

rocktwat, cockgeek... these are hysterical names to call someone else over the internet who you have never met or unlikely to ever meet :rolleyes::D:) I've only stopped crying with laughter. It's unusual that someone nowadays displays such a creative form of wit. I bow down to the person beind the "eFestivals" username.

AFAIK, headliners were booked at the focus group, but again, it's who you choose to believe. Neil/Melvin from FR or the 'close' friends of the owner of this site.

Either way, does it really matter? I guess if you need to be right on the internet it does.

rocktwat... that is so funny.

Edited by LemonTeaFTW