2nd Headliner

Guest yayrickwaller

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No no, I agree. So the admin here dislikes/hates "rockgeek"... I'm sure "rockgeek" couldn't really care less or maybe he hates the "efestivals" character also.

I'm sure both parties are mature enough not to let the immature name calling, spill over to a public forum to increase the sizes of their ePenors. After all, serious business. Amirite? Like Ben, I'm not wrong.

Edited by benisright

AFAIK, headliners were booked at the focus group, but again, it's who you choose to believe. Neil/Melvin from FR or the 'close' friends of the owner of this site.

you just don't know how wrong you are. Green Day's agent wasn't back from his xmas hols at that point to tell Melvin that he couldn't have Green Day. :rolleyes:

I hold my hands up, i was wrong! (i so rarely am though...) Someone said they werent there, i checked the list of delegates, the list of companies and none of those were galbriath, mb or festival republic.

Seems like unless the OP is a very very weird person, in that they went to this thing, met the people and then lied, or that they saw the website, saw the both of the guys were talking and then made up a rumour off the back of it, then this has a very good chance.

Even so, i made offspring have a high probability on the strictlyreading rumours page.

Hahaha!

That's brilliant! Look all i'm saying is that I was there, and that's what I found out.

If i'm wrong then i'm wrong, as many people have been in past. But if i'm right then i'll be happy that I gave everyone accurate info.

I really like these forums and we check them everyday, as most of the rumours in the past have been accurate; which is why I posted here and not on the official forums.

But how come you (or anyone) know nothing about anyone other than the headliners and kaiser chiefs. The nme headliners are only rumoured to be glasvegas.

because I don't make stuff up to make it look like I know stuff that I don't know.

Every rumour listed on eFestivals is listed because there's a solid basis to list it.

Which is fair enough, but its just curious that you dont know. Have you not bothered this year, do your sources only ever go as far as the headliners and not deeper. Everyone is thinking lostprophets, just because they havent been announced elsewhere.

And if thats the case, why do you describe rumour as something so lightweight. Seems like the gaps between rumour, strong rumour and to be confirmed are tightening every year. Like you are 99%+ sure radiohead are playing, but they are only strong rumour. Whilst enter shikari have told anyone that'll listen that they are playing reading, why only rumour?

Which is fair enough, but its just curious that you dont know. Have you not bothered this year, do your sources only ever go as far as the headliners and not deeper. Everyone is thinking lostprophets, just because they havent been announced elsewhere.

And if thats the case, why do you describe rumour as something so lightweight. Seems like the gaps between rumour, strong rumour and to be confirmed are tightening every year. Like you are 99%+ sure radiohead are playing, but they are only strong rumour. Whilst enter shikari have told anyone that'll listen that they are playing reading, why only rumour?

just because everyone is thinking something doesn't make it right.

I am 99% sure that Radiohead are playing R/L. A band needs more than 99% to be marked as a TBC.

Enter Shikari haven't told me anything.

It's easy. :rolleyes:

Im not saying you should put lost prophets up there. Or put someone up there for the sake of it.

Just curious as to why you havent heard anything that you can put up....not why you havent made guesses.

Jammy, would you prefer strictlyreading if it completely copied efests, or decided to go to the virtual fests angle and just make wild stabs in the dark with no education behind them.

Strictly fills the void of educated guesses that come from various places. It gives an idea of who is probably playing. If you want 100% accuracy come here, if you want to get your hopes up about green day and the prodigy, go to virtual fests, if you just want an idea of who is probably playing, go to strictly.

Edited by benisright

Maybe some people need a list of educated guesses as rumours but I'm more then capable of doing that myself, I guess that's why Strictly is so pointless imo.

I dunno if it changed but I realised it was pure BS when Rockgeek was saying about how he doesn't remove rumours - even if the bands is announced for V or whatever. Talk about covering your arse for the inevitable backlash when The Cribs or Vampire Weekend don't play, or whoever you put on there.

Maybe some people need a list of educated guesses as rumours but I'm more then capable of doing that myself, I guess that's why Strictly is so pointless imo.

I dunno if it changed but I realised it was pure BS when Rockgeek was saying about how he doesn't remove rumours - even if the bands is announced for V or whatever. Talk about covering your arse for the inevitable backlash when The Cribs or Vampire Weekend don't play, or whoever you put on there.

The manager would never have a say nor would the band. Never.

ROCKTWAT, JUST f**k OFF. You are only here to troll. I thought you'd got the message before. Do I really have to be phoning your bosses and making a complaint about your use of their taxpayer-paid-for resources during your working hours? ;)

As for your words, they do. In this case, they had their say via their UK agent. You clearly know absolutely f**k all about what's going on behind the scenes.

Just curious as to why you havent heard anything that you can put up....not why you havent made guesses.

what I get to hear depends totally on what my sources get to hear. What they get to hear depends on who is doing what, how close they are to those who are doping things, if they're in the right place at the right time, and a whole host of other things.

One year I might get the R/L line-up down pat via this, the next year it might be something else.

This year it's been the Glasto headliners, the download headliners, the sonisphere headliners, the V headliners, the R/L headliners, and the HRC headliners .... no other place has got close to these, and headliner-wise it's far better than we've managed before.

We've done perhaps less of the undercards this year (tho I'm not 100% sure it's less, tho it might well be for specifically R/L), but these things vary.

We could make 'educated guesses', and if we did I'm sure we'd blow away anywhere else doing the same thing. But we don't - we don't do guesses, educated or not.

what I get to hear depends totally on what my sources get to hear. What they get to hear depends on who is doing what, how close they are to those who are doping things, if they're in the right place at the right time, and a whole host of other things.

One year I might get the R/L line-up down pat via this, the next year it might be something else.

This year it's been the Glasto headliners, the download headliners, the sonisphere headliners, the V headliners, the R/L headliners, and the HRC headliners .... no other place has got close to these, and headliner-wise it's far better than we've managed before.

We've done perhaps less of the undercards this year (tho I'm not 100% sure it's less, tho it might well be for specifically R/L), but these things vary.

We could make 'educated guesses', and if we did I'm sure we'd blow away anywhere else doing the same thing. But we don't - we don't do guesses, educated or not.

Yup, I'm RG...

... not sure how it all came to this and quite frankly, I don't think it good to continue this. I can't remember slating eFestivals in the past or recently (happy to be proved wrong) and always stated it's the #1 place for rumours. If I have, I apologise for it here and now.

I rather have all this put behind us.

=====================

It seems Neil doesn't want this after his rude/snotty PMs to me. Apologies one and all, I hope you all carry on living your lives.

Edited by jimnewland