2nd Headliner

Guest yayrickwaller

I've just returned from the ILMC conference in London where Melvin Benn was speaking in the festival forums.

He was being very careful about what he said understandably, but it was confirmed, and i know everyone already knows that Arctic Monkeys and Kings Of Leon will be headlining (from Stuart Galbriath, not Melvin)

But he did say he has paid a lot of money for a UK exclusive 2nd headliner which through further investigation we found out was The Offspring.

Take this how you will, just thought I would put it out there.

Edited by yayrickwaller

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just returned from the ILMC conference in London where Melvin Benn was speaking in the festival forums.

He was being very careful about what he said understandably, but it was confirmed, and i know everyone already knows that Arctic Monkeys and Kings Of Leon will be headlining (from Stuart Galbriath, not Melvin)

But he did say he has paid a lot of money for a UK exclusive 2nd headliner which through further investigation we found out was The Offspring.

Take this how you will, just thought I would put it out there.

The mention of a UK exclusive headliner was from him and the suggestion that its the Offspring was from Stuart Galbraith, i'm not sure if he knows that the line up hasn't been released yet haha!

I could be wrong, but seeing as I was there I thought I would share what I got from the conference about the line-up.

I know it seems suspicious as it looks like i'm a newbie, but I check these forums everyday and you can't just walk into the ILMC can you!

The mention of a UK exclusive headliner was from him and the suggestion that its the Offspring was from Stuart Galbraith, i'm not sure if he knows that the line up hasn't been released yet haha!

I could be wrong, but seeing as I was there I thought I would share what I got from the conference about the line-up.

I know it seems suspicious as it looks like i'm a newbie, but I check these forums everyday and you can't just walk into the ILMC can you!

Surprised if they're second headliners, albeit I guess they'll still pull a crowd. Their new album did flop mind you.

I'll be pleased to see them there, another good bands if this turns out to be true, putting my tally up to 5 with no lock up yet :blink:.

If that's Kaiser and Offspring as two second headliners, anyone think Lostprophets might not show up until 2010? Still no word on their new album and well, I can see The Kooks or some trash indie band being the other high slot...

Bodes well for a good Sunday mainstage too :rolleyes:.

Ill start the court procedings for false advertising :rolleyes:

Looking rather like

KOL---------AM-------------Radiohead

----------Kaiser Chiefs-----The Offspring

------------------------------Janes Addiction?

Means the Sunday can still be heavier after offspring, saturday is the traditional indie fest and friday has the potential to remain alternative. So to all the doubters out there you smell!

the offspring could easily be second headliner to arctic monkeys. both bands are guitar-heavy and have lots of attitude. seems fitting to me. kaiser chiefs under kings of leon would make sense too.

i could be wrong though - it depends exactly who the other headliner is. i know radiohead rumours are flying around but i'm going to be a bit doubtful until i've seen something substantial. i trust efestivals, but you never know...

Arctic Monkeys

Kaiser Cheifs

Klaxons

Vampire Weekend

Kings of Leon

Lost Prophets

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Maximo Park

Radiohead

The Offspring

2nd Stage

Glasvegas

White Lies

Some other shitty band I don't know.

3rd Stage

Spinnerette

Bat For Lashes

Eagles of Death Metal

There's my terrible guesses for the line up.

Arctic Monkeys

Kaiser Cheifs

Klaxons

Vampire Weekend

Kings of Leon

Lost Prophets

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Maximo Park

Class! That lineup would suit me fine! :rolleyes: lets hope you're "terrible guesses" are right. Think Klaxons main stage would be a bit of a shame though, I prefer/see them as more of a tent performer. Thouh they did headline NME stage on the fri at leeds in 07 so I guess only place for them is main *sigh*

If The Offspring are second headliners I think they organisers have gone mental. Utter rubbish band...well past their sell by date. This year is looking terrible. I will also doubt the Radiohead rumours until an official confirmation but at this rate its going to be Kaiser Chiefs.