Daily Star reports...

Guest thomasowen

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To VCK

It was February 2006, The Daily Star reported that the headliners for that year would be Pearl Jam, Muse and Artic Monkeys. That was before anybody including this site had no idea who the headliners were.

And as we know they near enough got it right (Artic Monkeys played below Muse and Franz Ferdinand Played.

This is enough for me to confirm whose headlining

To VCK

It was February 2006, The Daily Star reported that the headliners for that year would be Pearl Jam, Muse and Artic Monkeys. That was before anybody including this site had no idea who the headliners were.

And as we know they near enough got it right (Artic Monkeys played below Muse and Franz Ferdinand Played.

This is enough for me to confirm whose headlining

The article seems to be insinuating that Radiohead are going to play a festival elsewhere in the UK. Maybe Latitude, with them being the same organisers as R and L, and it being an emerging 'green' festival?

Also, despite what the article says, I can't see U2 headlining Isle of Wight

Neil said some sources have said that green day have pulled out.

He didnt say all sources. For that reason, Green Day are up. As a rumour - not a strong rumour.

I never said they definitely werent playing. I just repeated what neil said. That after many sources saying green day were playing, some started to say that green day had pulled out. Its possible that the stars source, is from before green day pulled out.

Have any of you actually read the article and looked what words are actually written?

They state that Green Day are in ''talks'' to appear at the festivel.We knew that.They don't say that Green Day ARE playing the festival.From the way it's written though it appears like they ARE confirming Arctic Monkeys and Kings of Leon's appearance at Reading though.

Daily Star although not the greatest paper in the world are normally quite reliable for music.

Can't see U2 at Isle of White though,that's come from nowhere hasn't it or have i missed that rumour?

i like the fact that it starts of by saying 2008 circuit was a revolving door of the same artists, then later on adds that kings of leon will be playing, cause like they didnt play any festivals last year