surely the 4th headliner is...

Guest 4th time lucky?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elbow are easily big enough to be 4th headliners for the Pyramid! At least a sunset slot... ah man, I think Id die of happiness.

Edited by coolethan

For there to be four headliners the act must be fairly big, otherwise they wouldn't really count as a headliner, just second on the bill.

Some of the names coming up just don't fit. Take Portishead. They wouldn't be seen as a headliner - or, they'd be put as an Other Stage headliner. And Elbow? They're not that big. They're really not. They could play second on the bill, but would not be considered "fourth" headliner.

Arctics is probably the best bet at this point - although Gorillaz, Stone Roses and Radiohead are all very unlikely but nonetheless far more able to fit the billing.

Will I get completely laughed out of town for suggesting the 4th headliner could be the biggest act playing Thursday night? I can't see The Pyramid Stage being used, but could the 4th headliner be on a par with the biggest Thursday act of last year, The Levellers?

If you agree, it was my idea. If not, it was HSC's. :)

Starting to think Glastonbury and Michael Eavis have given up on the younger generation and decided that Leeds / Reading can have all the 14 - 22 year olds. Because so far I have heard nothing about Glastonbury that excites me in the slightest. Kanye West was mentioned, and I got a bit hopeful, but it seems this isn't likely. So it would appear the four headliners are Bruce Springsteen, Blur, Neil Diamond and some other older act. And please don't turn around and say Blur are for the younger generation, I'm 20 and they were before my time. I was at primary school.

Unfortunately I have a ticket already, otherwise I would happily trade it for a T in the Park ticket, or a Leeds / Reading one. Damn picture tickets.

Guess i'll have to spend my next few weeks desperately hoping that the newer bands all announce they'll play Glastonbury, then I don't know while I'm there possibly just get so drunk that I don't care whose playing come headline time.

I think Sam has not been before. Do yourself a favour and come there is so much more to Glastonbury. I work and have worked the last 12-13 years at Leeds and i would never buy a ticket to there, and that is being in the guest camping. It may be a personal thing but to me the festival is more than the headline acts come try the other 6 ''main'' headline acts or get a head start on everyone else and head for the park or Shangri la. Nothing beats 6 O'clock in the morning watching the sun come up thinking ''I've had the time of my life i need to get a couple of hour sleep before we do it all again for the next three days''

Oh no, i think sam just has to stop reading the NME and realise that people from the ages of 14-22 ARE allowed to listen to music created before their time!! Im 20. I love Springsteen, i love Blur. As does my Dad. We might be different ages, but doesnt mean we dont have to have different tastes in music.

But yeah, the other stage, the john peel stage etc. will be jam packed with younger acts. Other than the top 10 bands, glasto will probably have all the bands T and Reading/Leeds all have.

And considering that Reading had Metallica, RATM and Manic Street Preachers headlining half the main slots last year...T had Verve, RATM (and i dont know who else), maybe he should realise that even the 'younger' festivals, have older acts that are 'before his time'.

Oh no, i think sam just has to stop reading the NME and realise that people from the ages of 14-22 ARE allowed to listen to music created before their time!! Im 20. I love Springsteen, i love Blur. As does my Dad. We might be different ages, but doesnt mean we dont have to have different tastes in music.

But yeah, the other stage, the john peel stage etc. will be jam packed with younger acts. Other than the top 10 bands, glasto will probably have all the bands T and Reading/Leeds all have.

And considering that Reading had Metallica, RATM and Manic Street Preachers headlining half the main slots last year...T had Verve, RATM (and i dont know who else), maybe he should realise that even the 'younger' festivals, have older acts that are 'before his time'.

Edited by Red Day

sam mate, dont feel liek you need to get rid of your ticket just cos the headliners arent to your taste! you will definitely have an absolutely amazing time regardless of who headlines. plus this is only 3 (maybe 4) acts out of hundreds who play! do you honestly think you'll be really bored at 11pm every night?

i used to go to reading every year between ages of 16-21 and its fun yeah, but i first went to glasto when I was 19 and dont think ive seen more than 2 main stage headliners ever (jay z and coldplay) and reading doesnt even touch glasto, trust me!

plus springsteen is the man. get to know him. im 23 and he'd released most of his best stuff before i was even in junior school! so age is no excuse. good music is good and should be appreciated regardless of when it came out. not having a go at you at all mate, but im willing to bet that if you went to glasto (regardless of how good you think headliners on) you wouldnt come back feeling like youd wasted your money

There are 3 main stages, 3 slightly smaller stages, 3 slightly smaller again stages, a dance village, and tons of other little stages. At 10.30/11pm (the 'headline' slot) there will be loads of bands to watch.

Glastonbury has around 10 major music stages.

Reading has 4

T in the Park has 6 (three of which are closed on the friday)

V festival has 4

Isle of Wight has 2

Download has 3

Even ignoring Glastonbury's far superior quantity and diversity of smaller and non-music stages, Glastonbury festival has far much more choice.