surely the 4th headliner is...

Guest 4th time lucky?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I saw them at reading and they were shocking.

But I must admit I was thinking about it being the stone roses, more wishful think to be honest though. Or the fact I have been playing guitar hero too much :huh:

Not too long till feb 1st though. Its horrible I am excited for the annoucement (hopefully its more then just the headliners) but then 10 days later I am the evil 30 boooo hissss. Does not help that my dad keeps telling me he thinks I am too old to go to festivals! :O

But I must admit I was thinking about it being the stone roses, more wishful think to be honest though. Or the fact I have been playing guitar hero too much :huh:

Not too long till feb 1st though. Its horrible I am excited for the annoucement (hopefully its more then just the headliners) but then 10 days later I am the evil 30 boooo hissss. Does not help that my dad keeps telling me he thinks I am too old to go to festivals! :O

Edited by DaveMac

Starting to think Glastonbury and Michael Eavis have given up on the younger generation and decided that Leeds / Reading can have all the 14 - 22 year olds. Because so far I have heard nothing about Glastonbury that excites me in the slightest. Kanye West was mentioned, and I got a bit hopeful, but it seems this isn't likely. So it would appear the four headliners are Bruce Springsteen, Blur, Neil Diamond and some other older act. And please don't turn around and say Blur are for the younger generation, I'm 20 and they were before my time. I was at primary school.

Unfortunately I have a ticket already, otherwise I would happily trade it for a T in the Park ticket, or a Leeds / Reading one. Damn picture tickets.

Guess i'll have to spend my next few weeks desperately hoping that the newer bands all announce they'll play Glastonbury, then I don't know while I'm there possibly just get so drunk that I don't care whose playing come headline time.

Jeez, why did you even bother booking for Glastonbury if all you're concerned about are the headliners. I'm sure you'll get plenty of your bands for the younger generation playing too throughout the festival. If you don't like the headliners, it just gives you a chance to do other things.

Also, just because bands were before your time doesn't mean you can't like them and that they won't also appeal to some of the younger generation. Give them a chance, you never know you might actually like them.

Poor Sam

You don't seem to get it. Even though there are many people telling you there's more to G. than he main stages, you appear impervious to the advice.

The newer bands just don't have the back catalogue/presence to command the likes of the Pyramid.

For instance the Artic Monkeys just looked lost to me, both musically & visually. They would have been much better on a smaller stage.

The newer bands will be announced later & I'm sure put in blinding performances on various stages around the site. Go for a meander.

Poor Sam

You don't seem to get it. Even though there are many people telling you there's more to G. than he main stages, you appear impervious to the advice.

The newer bands just don't have the back catalogue/presence to command the likes of the Pyramid.

For instance the Artic Monkeys just looked lost to me, both musically & visually. They would have been much better on a smaller stage.

The newer bands will be announced later & I'm sure put in blinding performances on various stages around the site. Go for a meander.