Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Just finished watching the second episode of Inside No. 9.

Eric Sykes anyone?

Started wondering if this might be the most original thing I've seen on TV since The League Of Gentlemen.

It's like having Play For Today or the old Hammer Horror half hour one offs back again.

Then I remembered Black Mirror.

Showing my age again here.

I'd like to have seen them go before the commissioning board with the script for this one - just page after page of direction and no dialogue - bet the commissioning editor was worried.

If it wasn't for the fact their stuff consistently been so good they never would have green lighted it. Great to see someone prepared to take risks. Nice house too, that was one of my favourite designs in the series of Grand Designs

• Upvote 1

Watched 3-1 and 3-2 of Episodes last night, absolutely loved it. The writing is so good, and both me and Mrs t8y laughed out loud on plenty of occasions.

Looking forward to Inside No. 9 (probably this afternoon). Last weeks was great, very unsettling whilst retaining a funny edge.

Just bought series 3 of Game Of Thrones,that's today sorted.I'm so excited to see the white walkers and the wedding that everyone was talking about.I'm hoping my fave character doesn't die as I gathered that quite afew of the main ones did.

Oww I'm excited.Thank god I've got the day off lol.

I am 4 episodes into Season 3.....Holy crap! The first two episodes dragged a bit for me, but the last two what a return to form! Some of my favorite scenes of the series so far!

Podricks return from the whore house was just brilliant little scene and then of course Daenerys taking control of the Unsullied, I suspected she wasn't going leave her dragon...but still was rather dramatic :D).

The Brotherhood without banners seems interesting!

It was already cranking up the tension earlier in the episode but those last ten minutes were breathtaking. Bordered on terrifying at times.

It really was exhilarating, topped off by Grinderman over the closing credits.

Just finished watching this week's and breathed for the first time in twenty minutes. Absolutely glorious programme.

This week felt more like a built to the massive episode next week, in which it all looks like exploding, with pretty much every revelation now looking like coming out.

Still a belting episode mind you.

* The payoff to the arrest angle was great, and the angle of the shooting added to it made it better. Cohle's calmness was great too after that.

* The two interrogations really took a new gear and especially the Hart one as he finally comes back to the question he asked in the first episode. Why focus on Cohle?

* The interrogation scene with the guy wanting the deal. Magnificent.

* The whole episode seemed determined to plant the seed of doubt and it succeeded, but it never left my thoughts from day one that it was Cohle.

This week felt more like a built to the massive episode next week, in which it all looks like exploding, with pretty much every revelation now looking like coming out.

Still a belting episode mind you.

* The payoff to the arrest angle was great, and the angle of the shooting added to it made it better. Cohle's calmness was great too after that.

* The two interrogations really took a new gear and especially the Hart one as he finally comes back to the question he asked in the first episode. Why focus on Cohle?

* The interrogation scene with the guy wanting the deal. Magnificent.

* The whole episode seemed determined to plant the seed of doubt and it succeeded, but it never left my thoughts from day one that it was Cohle.

Pretty much. I'm probably not as quick on the uptake as you are though. :P

But yeah, the scenes are marvellously intense and well structured. Obviously a lot of people will tune in initially for the established main actors but the writing and direction is incredible from relative unknowns.

its a shame you even know about the wedding. we didnt know about it, or see it coming until it was too late.

I'm inclined to agree with you now I've seen it.Didn't really have the impact everyone mentioned at the time.Infact,I didn't even realise that was the scene as I was expecting it to happen at Joffrey's wedding and didn't even realise that was the scene.

I didn't really care for the characters involved either so I had no emotion towards it.

Disappointed we still haven't seen a lot of the white walkers yet either considering how series 2 ended,I expected them to play more of a role.

Didn't really care for Rob and Caitlyn Stark? wow, thats the first time I've heard that. But your comment above about impact is precisely why I bang on about spoilers all the time. I know its basically tough shit if something gets spoiled for you, but it really nips me up. That scene blew our fucking socks off when we watched it "live", then it was all over the fucking papers the next day. Even the fact that I had to tell my Dad (who was on holiday, and reads the papers cover to cover) to ignore anything even remotely related to GOT in the press, gave him an indication that something massive was about to happen.

• Upvote 1

I find it interesting you didn't care for the Starks either! Those characters aren't my favourite branch of the family, but the sheer duplicitous nature of it left me staggered. I only remember feeling that way about an episode of television once before (Sons of Anarchy - t8y knows what I'm talking about!) and we sat in stunned silence afterwards.

Irony above there ...spoiler followed by a spoiler :P (Maybe it's cos I found out due to someone positing a Meme on facebook and it's not that obvious if you don't know? :P, I haven't actually got to it yet, impressive given I only started watching late last year and I'm only had that as a spoiler).

Gutted about it tbh :( my favourite house :(

I'm with T8yman on the subject of spoilers (although not so much as he accidentally posted a spoiler in a thread where at least 2 people have mentioned they are watching series 3 for the first time :P). I'm putting off reading the 3rd book until after the series has reached that point, so that I can enjoy the surprise more.

I really enjoyed re-watching series 3. The scene where Danaeris (or however you spell it!) reveals her mother tongue is possibly my favourite moment in the show so far. She is SO clearly the real hero of the piece and I look forward to the day she makes her way to Westeros.

my favourite house :(

Really? Ned Stark was the most honourable man in history, for sure, but the rest of them?

My favourite house has to be the Lannisters, every single one of them is a really strong character. The first time Charles Dance is seen on screen, while he skins a stag was brilliant. Tyrion is one of the best characters in any show I've ever seen and Cerse is formidable, even Jaime's self confident, sarcy swagger makes me smile.

Really? Ned Stark was the most honourable man in history, for sure, but the rest of them?

My favourite house has to be the Lannisters, every single one of them is a really strong character. The first time Charles Dance is seen on screen, while he skins a stag was brilliant. Tyrion is one of the best characters in any show I've ever seen and Cerse is formidable, even Jaime's self confident, sarcy swagger makes me smile.

Quite, the little lord is a bit meme but the others seem to be trying to live up to Ned. My favourite however is Arya, just love her attitude to everything.

I kind of agree about the Lannisters, but you need strong characters but I hate them for it, but that's their role I guess? Saying that Tyrion is also one of my favourites and I always find myself rooting for him a little bit. (I see him a bit like I see Loki in the MCU :P)

Edited by LondonTom

Keep em peeled for the most incompetent, bumbling FBI and CIA since the Keystone Cops Spindles, every one of them walks around with a huge bullseye on their backs, with the inability to track a suspect within 2 seconds flat of losing sight of them.

It was so bad, it was bordering on funny.

I'm watching way too much right now...

I love most things on e4.

Currently I'm trying to work my way through Breaking Bad (don't say a thing!), Revenge, Mad Fat Diary, Pramface and The Tomorrow People aswell as keeping up with HIMYM, Big bang and the voice. Aaaaand breathe...

Saw someone mention American Horror Story, been meaning to watch that for a while.

Also watched a netflix show called Orange Is The New Black a while ago which i couldn't fault at all. I enjoyed it more than Breaking Bad.