Bruce Springsteen

The Nal

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd take up half the show... is that too much?

I think so yeah. You have to remember that despite all this queuing, BTX fanboyness, people looking for rarities etc, 90% of the crowd wouldn't have a clue about 95% of The River.

Can't tell you the amount of times at/after Bruce shows I've head people say "I didn't know that was his song!"

well.... it's odd. If I heard all the songs (from The River), over different shows, I'd enjoy them, but not sure I'd want to have half a show taken up by it. Depends what else he might do...

I enjoyed Darkness in Stockholm because it was a (then) surprise and the PA was so loud and its a loud, guitar heavy album. Lots of Bruce playing lead which was nice. But not sure if I'd enjoy any album in its entirety again. From any artist really. The River is way to long. Ive been to multiple Bruce shows with first timers and I would've been worried if he dropped all of the River after me bigging him up.

I still have issues with the ticket prices in certain countries to be honest. Including Ireland. I did as soon as the tour was announced back in November. Tickets for Kilkenny are 96 Euro. My Stockholm ticket cost me 62. Why?! :blink:

Don't think I'll be going to see Bruce in Ireland again. Hoping for a solo tour next and I'll be off to another mainland Europe city for it. Lisbon, Rome, Madrid or something.

Edited by The Nal

I enjoyed Darkness in Stockholm because it was a (then) surprise and the PA was so loud and its a loud, guitar heavy album. Lots of Bruce playing lead which was nice. But not sure if I'd enjoy any album in its entirety again. From any artist really. The River is way to long. Ive been to multiple Bruce shows with first timers and I would've been worried if he dropped all of the River after me bigging him up.

I still have issues with the ticket prices in certain countries to be honest. Including Ireland. I did as soon as the tour was announced back in November. Tickets for Kilkenny are 96 Euro. My Stockholm ticket cost me 62. Why?! :blink:

Don't think I'll be going to see Bruce in Ireland again. Hoping for a solo tour next and I'll be off to another mainland Europe city for it. Lisbon, Rome, Madrid or something.

- Island nature of the country

- Admin costs like insurance

- Demand

Limerick was one of the most over-subscribed shows I've been to. One of those gigs where half-way through you realise... "This is way more packed than it should have been".

Don't think the 3rd Stockholm gig was even close to a sell-out. Even Cardiff last night had huge gaps and they only used half the stadium.

Edited by Wooderson

Don't think the 3rd Stockholm gig was even close to a sell-out. Even Cardiff last night had huge gaps and they only used half the stadium.

Cardiff was sold out mind. I was sat quite high up and there weren't many gaps that I could see. Quite a lot of space in 'the pit' but quite rammed behind- probably could have let more in really. Apart from that just the odd seat it seemed.

Edited by strummer77

Cardiff was sold out mind. I was sat quite high up and there weren't many gaps that I could see. Quite a lot of space in 'the pit' but quite rammed behind- probably could have let more in really. Apart from that just the odd seat it seemed.

Space in the pit was down to the usual Health and Safety and was at the sides. Box office was saying it was sold out yesterday. Oddest thing was the size of the pit - took up half the floor space. Reckon we had loads more room in the pit than those stood behind it.

Space in the pit was down to the usual Health and Safety and was at the sides. Box office was saying it was sold out yesterday. Oddest thing was the size of the pit - took up half the floor space. Reckon we had loads more room in the pit than those stood behind it.

You definitely did. Everyone behind seemed jammed in!

Just in sensational form at the mo. Another great show. Personal preference for the Cardiff set over Leeds - but I would say that as I was at one and not the other. And arguably Rome tops em both

Wooderson's going to be in for an absolute blast...

Rome would have been the one for me aswell.

I reckon there'll be a teeny bit of disappointment about Leeds - has there been a more overhyped gig in recent memory??

Cardiff on the other hand. Yowsers thats a biggie. Shots of him crawling on the stage from exhaustion are unreal - I saw him like that in Limerick after 4hrs stage time that day aswell. A new departure to genuinely see him physically wrecked. Usually theres a "We'll be seein' ya!" but these two shows it was like the demands are starting to catch up with him...

- - -

Hope His Bossness doesnt treat Kilkenny as the boozy parochial backwater it is btw. :D

He's on top of his game.

I'm happy to pay £72.50 for a ticket to see Springsteen when he's on for 3hrs+, puts on a thoroughly entertaining show, which you come away satisfied to the max.

What a show, turned up and got Golden Circle after all, so was right at the front, had an amazing time, played classic after classic, and it's just a shame its the end of the tour! Roll on next tour i say!

What a hero, you'd never think he's 62/63, Storms round like a 21 year old!