Bruce Springsteen

The Nal

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah would be great but don't think he'll do that one. Its too long. People would get bored. Same for Wild, Innocent. Most people don't know it.

To be honest I'm all Bruced out at the moment anyway. I really need a solo/side project from him to freshen things up for me.

"Highlights" then. Half of it - like the Rome bit. As long as he did side 4 of the vinyl copy I'd be happy

I bet no-one who gets a full album ever says that. It's like the set list bores on BTX.. "yea yea, same old songs over and over again".... Darkness was fantastic, what we got in Rome was too good for words (most of Wild Innocent etc), and personally, wouldn't mind a Born To Run show.

Oooh - comparison to BTX tossers. That smarts.

Not all albums work right in order live because of their pacing. I'd put Darkness in that category. Love the album and every track on it. But doesn't work in order IMO. Plus he loses a fair proportion of the crowd whilst he does it which cant be good. BTR works tho as I reckon USA does.

I bet no-one who gets a full album ever says that. It's like the set list bores on BTX.. "yea yea, same old songs over and over again".... Darkness was fantastic, what we got in Rome was too good for words (most of Wild Innocent etc), and personally, wouldn't mind a Born To Run show.

To be honest having seen Darkness, now, apart from the first album there isn't an album I'd really love to see. And thats only really because of Lost in the Flood and Its Hard to Be a Saint in the City.

Darkness was great because it was so loud! The River would be nice too as it would sound better live as I hate the albums production but theres no chance of that.

BTX really is a horrible horrible place full of the worst type of music fans out there. Most of the first few rows of his gigs are filled with absolute bellends - eating their lunch that their mum carefully packed for them before they left. As shes done for them for 40 years.

Saw it and met a few of them in Dublin a few times, at Glastonbury, in Barcelona and in Stockholm. No fun to be had. Just loads of "I saw that song, you didn't", "how many shows have you done?", "you weren't at the Paris show?!" etc - one upmanship.

Everything I hate about music and people basically.

Standing tix for Leeds on Viagogo for a mere £680. Are they expecting the second coming or something?

The Leeds gig was one that was potentially a great as soon as it was announced. First gig in the new stadium. A huge event. £680 is bananas money though of course.

Hes played a few curveballs in Ireland. Played Drive All Night, Real World and Frankie. Setlists pretty much standard after that though. Not enough to make me go to Belfast or Kilkenny.

Wooderson was right up top for the Limerick gig. Saw the pre show. And recorded it. Lovely little bonus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQEW-keUPnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7soYIkgwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkPABXHnzmQ

This idea that a show has somehow been pre-selected for legendary status is bizarre, and is the exact reason why I don't bother with Springsteen forums.

If it was a first hometown show in X years, or special in some other way, then sure - but it's not anything like that. It's a show in a random city that he's only played a few times before and has no connection to, in a venue that has never hosted a full crowd before and so will likely have a few teething issues.

Also, if there's people on Springsteen forums complaining about how samey the setlists are - that's just insane. Apart from Prince, I can't think of another act that changes up the sets night to set even a third as much as Bruce is currently doing. If you find the setlists too static, you're going to too many shows and need to get a new hobby.

Seems so. Punters getting into the pits in Ireland easy enough. Still not full at 6pm in Limerick and after 4pm in Belfast. Although I think Cork was more difficult.

Going to see "Springsteen & I" tomorrow night. Mixed reviews and looks a bit OTT to me but Ill give it a whirl.

Sorry couldnt meet you on Saturday Cally. My phone isnt keeping a charge any more and I had to turn it over. Its a piece of garbage.

You doing Kilkenny by any chance? Was weird being within 40/50 ft of loads of people I know online but have never met in person.

Loved the show btw. Bruce roadhouse'd it for 3 hours. Bar-band stuff after the grandiosity of Limerick.

Met a good few 'ardcore Springsteen fans over the past week.

99% of touring fans (10+ shows) are dickheads.

Met some oldish English geez...

"How many shows have you seen?"

"Me? **smug as all hell** Lost count..."

"Wow, cool... we talking like 50, 60 shows?"

"Yeah... more like 60."

"Ace! When was your first show?"

"2008."

:banghead:

Seems so. Punters getting into the pits in Ireland easy enough. Still not full at 6pm in Limerick and after 4pm in Belfast. Although I think Cork was more difficult.

Going to see "Springsteen & I" tomorrow night. Mixed reviews and looks a bit OTT to me but Ill give it a whirl.

Yeah - seeing it in Bath tonight meself. Suspicious lack of irony in it from the trailers. Dreading coming out of it with a "I's not as bad as that am I?" feeling and the wife looking at me like her suspicions have finally been confirmed. LOL

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig