The Documentary Film Thread

The Nal

ive got an nzb, pm me your email address modey. and I would be prepared to burn one (avis on a DL DVD). to send out for people to watch then share if people want. first to dib gets it first.

done :good:

done :danced:

let me know that it works properly. fella, and what you think of it..

edited to add

thats just an nzb, if someone does want me to burn one, and will definitely watch it, and definitely pass it on to the next person, I'll do it.

Edited by t8yman

I downloaded Staircase earlier this year but never got round to watching it. Will need to get it watched!

you really do, Ive just watched "Murder on a sunday morning" which was directed by the same guy. again - I would advise against any spoiler risks. it was absolutely fantastic.

Un coupable idéal (original title)

I believe it won an oscar for best documentary.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched my first Errol Morris documentary last night. The Thin Blue Line. Awesome stuff.

Watched it myself recently. Hadn't seen it in years. Crazy stuff.

Also watched Tabloid, his latest offering. Very good. Philip Glass does the music again. A genius.

If you haven't watched The Fog of War by Mr Morris, make it so. Possibly my all time favourite documentary. Philip Glass again!! :)

Edited by The Nal

the 15 shortlisted to be in the running for the Oscar for best feature documentary. Senna is an obvious exclusion.

• "Battle for Brooklyn" (RUMUR Inc.)
  • "Bill Cunningham New York" (First Thought Films)
  • "Buck" (Cedar Creek Productions)
  • "Hell and Back Again" (Roast Beef Productions Limited)
  • "If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front" (Marshall Curry Productions, LLC)
  • "Jane's Journey" (NEOS Film GmbH & Co. KG)
  • "The Loving Story" (Augusta Films)
  • "Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory" (@radical.media)
  • "Pina" (Neue Road Movies GmbH)
  • "Project Nim" (Red Box Films)
  • "Semper Fi: Always Faithful" (Tied to the Tracks Films, Inc.)
  • "Sing Your Song" (S2BN Belafonte Productions, LLC)
  • "Undefeated" (Spitfire Pictures)
  • "Under Fire: Journalists in Combat" (JUF Pictures, Inc.)
  • "We Were Here" (Weissman Projects, LLC)

http://www.oscars.org/press/pressreleases/2011/20111118a.html

Watched it myself recently. Hadn't seen it in years. Crazy stuff.

Also watched Tabloid, his latest offering. Very good. Philip Glass does the music again. A genius.

If you haven't watched The Fog of War by Mr Morris, make it so. Possibly my all time favourite documentary. Philip Glass again!! :)

Funny you should mention The Fog of War. Downloaded it last week. Will get it watched very soon.

Working my way through some of the documentaries from this list.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/50_documentaries_to_see_before_you_die_final_top_10_how_many_have_you_seen

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see this last night on Channel 4?

One of the craziest, most bizarre stories I have ever seen. Well worth a watch if you missed it.

Superb.. brilliant twist where the story just changes

Randomly watched 'super high me'.

A weed influenced take on the 'supersize me' documentary. (Yep he got ridiculously high for 30 days and studied the effects)

I actually thought it was quite funny, but that may be because I was having a smoke whilst watching it :ph34r:

Edited by Jaybles

watched talhotblond last night, saw the "twist" coming a mile off, but then actually I didnt.

it was obvious jessi wasnt a tall hot blond, but to be her mother, posting explicit, private pictures and upskirt movies of her own daughter, FFS!

just finished paradise lost 3 : purgatory, after repeated sittings to try and finish it, the lipsync is woefully out on the version I have. It really was an emotional end to a story I have followed and contributed to for the last decade and a half. justice certainly wasnt done, most sadly for christopher byers, stevie branch and michael moore. the state of west memphis should remain utterly ashamed of themselves for every day they let pass that they dont search for the true murderer(s)

Can you not just change that in VLC player?

yeah you can, but my only (comfy) means of watching it is via the inbuilt media player on my telly, or via my bluray player, neither of which have that luxury. it gets gradually worse the longer the film plays, starts OK, but by the end it was infuriatingly bad.