Bearded Theory 2009

Guest timespeedsup

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH I'm not that familiar with Zetan Spore, but by amazing co-incidence, I was listening to them on MySpace only an hour or so before your posting.

They do sound amazing, although what I heard sounded like Rolf Harris playing his didgeridoo (sp?) and remixed by The Chemical Brothers :angry:

.......but still nice & trancey. :P

TBH I'm not that familiar with Zetan Spore, but by amazing co-incidence, I was listening to them on MySpace only an hour or so before your posting.

They do sound amazing, although what I heard sounded like Rolf Harris playing his didgeridoo (sp?) and remixed by The Chemical Brothers :lol:

.......but still nice & trancey. :lol:

http://www.zetanspore.co.uk/

6 downloadable tracks there.

Great to jog to as it goes. :rolleyes:

Bearded Update

Tickets are selling very well and over 75% have now been sold. If you have not already done so get your tickets fast via the ticket page on www.beardedtheory.co.uk or by calling 01527 592756.

The line up for 2009 is almost complete but we have a couple of very special announcements to make in the next couple of weeks. Please visit the Artist page on www.beardedtheory.co.uk to see the line up in all its glory!!

The news you have all been waiting for!!!! The theme for Bearded Theory 2009 is MEDIEVAL. We look forward to seeing you all in fancy dress yet again, this is not compulsory but we do have prizes for the best dressed wench!!!

The festival will be spread over 30 acres of the Derbyshire countryside at our new home, Bradley Nook Farm Estate in Hulland Ward, Derbyshire.

The festival aims to offer you the very best in value in 2009 and this reflected within our ticket price of £45 for adults and children tickets start from as little as £5!!! The bar will be selling pints at £2.20, the concessions have been picked to offer great value and ALL the children’s activities will be free. If you did not already know, Bearded Theory is a non profit organisation and we donate all our money away to charity – this year being Shelter and Padley Homeless Centre in Derby!!

The festival will have music and dance spread over 5 stages in 2009 and we also have a lot happening away from the music including a Beard Styling Parlour, countless workshops, circus skills, site art, Groovy Movie Solar Cinema, Medieval Living Camp, Medieval Market Village, chill out bus and wandering minstrels (lots more to be added).

All that is just for the adults and now for the children!!! The children’s area has received heavy investment from the festival and will be expanded into a 1 acre space. The area will offer everything from a children’s open mic stage, climbing wall, zip lines, play ground, toddler area, breast feeding facilities, Mum and Dad chill out space, tree houses, circus skills, arts and crafts, story tellers, children’s carnival, disco tent and loads more is yet to be added. In keeping with our ethos we have ensured this area is free to use and will be run by the legendary Majical Youth Theatre and Heage out of School Club.

We have had a lot of enquiries recently about if you are allowed to bring caravans or dogs to the festival and regrettably in 2009 we will not be taking either due to our licensing conditions and on health and safety grounds. However a campsite that is in walking distance of the festival is taking caravans (please email info@beardedtheory.co.uk for more details) and there is a local Dog Hotel in Ashbourne (Mansell Meadow Boarding Kennels, 01335.360817).

We are still taking trader and steward applications – please see the Contact page on www.beardedtheory.co.uk for further details.

Please come along to the event, support the charities we give to and let’s have a DANCE FOR CHARITY!!!!

Edited by BeardedTheory

Bearded Update

Tickets are selling very well and over 75% have now been sold. If you have not already done so get your tickets fast via the ticket page on www.beardedtheory.co.uk or by calling 01527 592756.

The line up for 2009 is almost complete but we have a couple of very special announcements to make in the next couple of weeks. Please visit the Artist page on www.beardedtheory.co.uk to see the line up in all its glory!!

The news you have all been waiting for!!!! The theme for Bearded Theory 2009 is MEDIEVAL. We look forward to seeing you all in fancy dress yet again, this is not compulsory but we do have prizes for the best dressed wench!!! ....................................

Medieval theme hey?

Fancy Dress will certainly add more fun to the festival and I'm sure many will make the effort.

However, I thought there was talk of a 1920's theme for the Friday night? :lol:

Medieval is fine and be good to see lots of folk as Knights, Vikings, Wenches, marauding Celts, Merlin/Wizard, the odd Court Jester, etc etc. :rolleyes:

Is the Medieval theme for the whole weekend then? And had the 1920's idea been dismissed?

I know it is all optional but please confirm.

Some of us wsill be undecided whether to pack the gangster outfit or sword & shield. :P

Ta HSC x