Bearded Theory 2009

Guest timespeedsup

A little news to pass on from a horse's mouth:

The Line up for 2009 is set to be released at the WE STARTED IT, LETS FINISH IT event on October 4th (Go to the news page on www.beardedtheory.co.uk for more details). The line up will then be made public on October 10th. The line up is already taking shape with the headliners for Saturday and Sunday (both being internationally acclaimed artists) already being confirmed along with a host of other brilliant artists.

The festival will make a welcomed return to the stunning Knockerdown and will host 3 stages, heated outdoor area, sola cinema, showers, workshops, onsite art work, world foods, open mic, large children’s area, Bimble Inn and much much more to be confirmed!! We will be slightly bigger (we mean slightly - The capacity will be 1,500, we had 800 people on site this year) mainly to justify having a dance tent and a band stage.

Tickets will go on sale to this year’s festival attendees on October 11th and then to the general public on October 25th. We will be selling tickets for adults, under 16, family, child and the prices will be released in September so you get time to save up a bit.

Anyone who exchanged or sold tickets following the original purchase need to speak to the person they originally bought the ticket off as we need an email from the original purchaser advising they sold the ticket to you. They will need to include the ticket reference which can be found via PayPal or their bank statement and your email address. Once this has been done our details can be updated. Apologies for having to do this in such a complicated way, we just have not got a clue of who sold what!! Can you ask the people who you bought the ticket to put the subject as "2008 Ticket Change" and email it to info@beardedtheory.co.uk . Once this has been done we will email everyone individual passwords to use when buying the ticket and you will get a cheaper ticket.

Something to look forward to..... :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd ask this in here instead of starting a new thread so, I'm thinking of going to Bearded Theory next year (funds are low and just Glastonbury is not enough!). I realise it was the first year this year and a few efesters went so can you guys give me a broad overview of what sort of festival it is? Cost of things on site, camping distances from car, did you have an efests camp because I would be attending on my own, atmosphere, can you take your own booze into campsites etc.

I thank you in advance!

I thought I'd ask this in here instead of starting a new thread so, I'm thinking of going to Bearded Theory next year (funds are low and just Glastonbury is not enough!). I realise it was the first year this year and a few efesters went so can you guys give me a broad overview of what sort of festival it is? Cost of things on site, camping distances from car, did you have an efests camp because I would be attending on my own, atmosphere, can you take your own booze into campsites etc.

I thank you in advance!

Edited by pepe2

There was a 15-20 strong efest camp Chocscoffer, and will no doubt be one next year too. Pub had fair-priced beer and strong/tasty cider, there were a few other stalls and the pub to eat from. Will be more next year. Can bring your own food and drink, & can sneak it into the main site. Plenty of camping space, and a one field walk from the car, all very cosy. Friendly but efficient security, enough toilets, great musical line-up that has been 1/3 announced (e.g. Neville Staples, Subgiant, perform-yourself tent), and we all get to dress up silly. It's well-recommended, and HSC did a review on it on the main efest site......

There was a 15-20 strong efest camp Chocscoffer, and will no doubt be one next year too. Pub had fair-priced beer and strong/tasty cider, there were a few other stalls and the pub to eat from. Will be more next year. Can bring your own food and drink, & can sneak it into the main site. Plenty of camping space, and a one field walk from the car, all very cosy. Friendly but efficient security, enough toilets, great musical line-up that has been 1/3 announced (e.g. Neville Staples, Subgiant, perform-yourself tent), and we all get to dress up silly. It's well-recommended, and HSC did a review on it on the main efest site......

Post a link to photos of silliness someone? I was a fat Abe Lincoln.....

Fest was actually full of camps of various forums. They'll probably still go, but with an extra 1000 tickets there'll be normal people too this time.... :)

Edited by greenfairy43

Nice one TSU for posting this. I was wondering if someone would get news of this fab little festival under way. :)

...Anyone who exchanged or sold tickets following the original purchase need to speak to the person they originally bought the ticket off as we need an email from the original purchaser advising they sold the ticket to you. They will need to include the ticket reference which can be found via PayPal or their bank statement and your email address. Once this has been done our details can be updated. Apologies for having to do this in such a complicated way, we just have not got a clue of who sold what!! Can you ask the people who you bought the ticket to put the subject as "2008 Ticket Change" and email it to info@beardedtheory.co.uk . Once this has been done we will email everyone individual passwords to use when buying the ticket and you will get a cheaper ticket.

Something to look forward to..... :)

Ooops double posting in error!

So I will fill the space with this....

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!

Scottie is obviously quick to spot things. 2009 is already up on eFestivals:

http://efestivals.co.uk/festivals/beardedtheory/2009/

:)

P.S. News from the organisers is that several acts already booked for next year including:

Neville Staples

The Beetroot Kings

...and....

Just gone off to find source and it is not on their official website nor their MySpace page B) ....Offski to find

The tickets are priced at £49 for next year.

Next years site will be fully fenced in, we are putting grated roads down, more water points being put in, RAC are doing the road signs, we have to pay the Police, we have hired another 4 fields and paying a substantial fee to the venue.

The site will have an onsite solar powered cinema, a huge children’s area, a proper outdoor main stage, sauna, showers, heated undercover marquee circle to go at the back of arena facing the main stage, loads of workshops, site art work, loads of flags, dance marquee, comedy tent, acoustic/open mic tent -with special guests, local real ale bars, wandering minstrels, mini band stage, the best security ever, lighting visuals and cheap local food and beer!!

This is what we have already sorted and I am sure more will be added.

Bearded Theory is aiming to capture that small bit of randomness you see at other festivals and create a whole festival full of it. We throw the responsibility back to the people coming to be a part of its success. Our meetings are all open door; we will announce the dates so you can come along and throw ideas/ suggestions at us. All the bands booked are off suggestions and recommendations from people on our forum and off here - we have not booked one band that hasn’t been asked for by someone!! . We are bringing the homeless community in to help steward the event. This is an event you can get involved in from the start, this is little festival is run by the people that come and that’s what will make it so special.

Well thats my theory anyway ;)

The site will have an onsite solar powered cinema, a huge children’s area, a proper outdoor main stage, sauna, showers, heated undercover marquee circle to go at the back of arena facing the main stage, loads of workshops, site art work, loads of flags, dance marquee, comedy tent, acoustic/open mic tent -with special guests, local real ale bars, wandering minstrels, mini band stage, the best security ever, lighting visuals and cheap local food and beer!!

More than one hour's worth please this time :P

Perhaps an adults' hour at some silly time, with condition of ticket as it all being at your own risk?

Also, enough urinals please. Including some in the camp sites. Us men are useless and need help. ;)

But to add, what Bearded Theory said sounds a significant step forward :)

Edited by BeardedTheory

The tickets are priced at £49 for next year.

Next years site will be fully fenced in, we are putting grated roads down, more water points being put in, RAC are doing the road signs, we have to pay the Police, we have hired another 4 fields and paying a substantial fee to the venue.

This is what we have already sorted and I am sure more will be added.

Bearded Theory is aiming to capture that small bit of randomness you see at other festivals and create a whole festival full of it. We throw the responsibility back to the people coming to be a part of its success. Our meetings are all open door; we will announce the dates so you can come along and throw ideas/ suggestions at us. All the bands booked are off suggestions and recommendations from people on our forum and off here - we have not booked one band that hasn’t been asked for by someone!! . We are bringing the homeless community in to help steward the event. This is an event you can get involved in from the start, this is little festival is run by the people that come and that’s what will make it so special.

Well thats my theory anyway :lol:

Now that's what I call taking the festival experience to a hard to reach 'community' AND involving a 'community' that wouldn't usually be able to get involved. I tip my hat in the direction of everyone involved in this decision.

I had spotted that the other day & got nods of approval from me.

Although as afterthought AND PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY.

"HOMELESS COMMUNITY"

- Traveller folk of the festival type is cool.

- Homeless people that have lived on the street & perhaps in half way houses now, that is ok too.

- Pikey thieving bastards? Now that would NOT be cool.

Food for thought & like I said "PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY"

Hi, Just to advise we have linked with Padley Day Centre with this. The homeless hostel in Derby. They will pick 10 volunteers who they feel would be best suited for the task and the ones who would enjoy the experience as a whole. They will be supervised, fed and given beer money for the weekend at the end of the shifts. Following them working and if we are happy, I will be writing them a reference stating the work they had done so they can take it to future employers.

I totally understand the concern mate as I had it at the start of my little idea :O