am i the only one who hopes

Guest greeneyes1980

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Murray- what a fantastic match

Had a long day at work yesterday but am so glad I stayed up and watched the match as it was superb- and fair play to Novak for making it probably one of the best tennis matches I've ever watched

While I can appreciate the talent and endurance in cycling, it is my lack of knowlege of the sport which means I rank others higher. I find the team element a little confusing, would Wiggins have won in any other team or is it like formula 1 where there are only a few teams who can realisitclaly win?

Edited by the_hedge

I liked that Charlie Brooker article. Sums up the point made by others earlier in the thread well. My favourite paragraph:

The people who want Murray to smile are the same ones who try to make me dance at weddings. They want the world to conspicuously enjoy itself in a manner of their choosing, and they turn vaguely sanctimonious when they encounter pockets of resistance, as though their definition of fun is the only one that matters.

Saying that, his tears at Wimbledon endeared him to a lot more people. I think Murray is in with a great shout,

For me its,

Murray

Wiggins

Mo

saying that I was out of the country for the paralympics and didn't get any coverage of it in the States (scandalous) so I can't gauge public reaction to our paralympians

I heard that was the case. Which is fantastic. I would say that makes me proud to be british, but I'll probably get some miserable sod beating me down for it.

Unbelievable that america didn't broadcast any of it. Think it is representative of a different attitude that they have over here towards people with disabilities. I would say 90% of yanks didn't even know it was going on.

Murray olympic gold wimbledon final us open winner

Wiggins tour de france winner olympic gold medal

Mo double olympic champion

Murray wont win, out of wiggins and mo for me. Does the average voter care about tour de france? Will be mo if he gets the media attention and chat programmes that I think he will.

Unbelievable that america didn't broadcast any of it. Think it is representative of a different attitude that they have over here towards people with disabilities. I would say 90% of yanks didn't even know it was going on.

according to Stephen Hawking on Newsnight last night, the USA caters for the disabled better than the UK.

According to Will Self in response, that's the impression that a well-to-do person like Hawking would get, and then suggested he take a journey around some of the less plush neighbourhoods of Chicago.

Murray olympic gold wimbledon final us open winner

Wiggins tour de france winner olympic gold medal

Mo double olympic champion

Murray wont win, out of wiggins and mo for me. Does the average voter care about tour de france? Will be mo if he gets the media attention and chat programmes that I think he will.

Edited by the_hedge

according to Stephen Hawking on Newsnight last night, the USA caters for the disabled better than the UK.

According to Will Self in response, that's the impression that a well-to-do person like Hawking would get, and then suggested he take a journey around some of the less plush neighbourhoods of Chicago.

Edited by Ed209

IMHO the SPOTY should be between Murray, Farah and Weir, would love to see any of the three win.

I'm not a huge road cycling fan, mainly because the sport has been so tarnished over the years. It's clearly a huge achievement what Wiggins has done but there's also an element of it being a team sport rather than an individual sport.

But don't underestimate the tartan vote on SPOTY night!